Wal-Mart, lowes and random drug testing?

I heard Wal-mart enacted it's random drug testing policy in late 08, can anyone working there possibly elaborate a little more on how often if ever and under which circumstances this occurs?

I'm 19 and going to get my first job after I wrap up my associates degree, unless I flunk then ill be starting sooner, long story short I have no work experience, i'm young and may or may not have an associates degree in psychology, wal-mart (or lowes) is a reasonable distance, and living in the middle of nowhere, TX.....it's not like opportunities are blowing in every direction, i just pray im not stuck here forever....ok rant over.

Favorite Answer

Wall short lowes both are corporate sluts

Wal-Mart does not do random drug testing. The test you when they hire you, when you are promoted from hourly to salaried, and if they suspect you are drunk and/or high, they can have you tested, But i have never heard of anyone being subjected to a random test.

Source(s): Wal-Mart employee

I have worked at walmart for nine years and I have never heard any thing about random drug test at the place where I work

Well I heard it is often and commonly down routinely. And more importantly stop doing drugs it is going to kill you. It is illegal for a reason you know.