Do you think the Confederate States battle flag is a sign of racism?

I do...the flag resembles everything the Confederates were for including slavery. I hate when people say "it's not hate it's heritage"...can't you find something better to represent your heritage? I understand where they are coming from, but I am from Texas and many of my friends own posters... show more I do...the flag resembles everything the Confederates were for including slavery. I hate when people say "it's not hate it's heritage"...can't you find something better to represent your heritage? I understand where they are coming from, but I am from Texas and many of my friends own posters of the confederate flag. They don't have it because of their so called heritage, but because of racism against blacks.
Update: Yes it was fought over slavery...you obviously don't know your history. The primary reason they fought was because the Northern states were very industrial, and the Southern states were still a feudal agrarian society. The Northern states wanted to abolish slavery, and the Southern states thought this was a... show more Yes it was fought over slavery...you obviously don't know your history.

The primary reason they fought was because the Northern states were very industrial, and the Southern states were still a feudal agrarian society. The Northern states wanted to abolish slavery, and the Southern states thought this was a sign of them trying to destroy their economy.