Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 decade ago

Difference between Stage 1 foods and Stage 2 foods?

What is the difference between Stage 1 foods and Stage 2 foods? Is it just more? We thought we would give stage 2 a try and he ate the whole plastic container of Gerber Sweet Potatoes.

Favorite Answer

Stage 1 is more water based and very easy to eat, and basic ingredients. Stage 2 is more thick and adds more ingredients together. Taylor is on Stage 2 and she loves it so far. She loves the Apple, Banana, and Oatmeal mix. Also loves the ham, pineapple, and rice.

Stage 1 is pureed food for a 4-6 month old. Stage 2 is a little chunkier and is made for babies 6-8 months with their first teeth. If your child ate a whole jar of sw. potatoes, he is ready for stage two. My advice, try giving him a least one jar, then 1/2 of a second. His appetite must be really good! Stage 3 comes when child is 9-12 months and has more teeth. These foods are real similar to adult food, just small portions.

Source(s): mother of 2 year old

Stage 1 is sometimes smaller and more water

Stage 2 is is thicker and sometimes bigger in size

There are a lot more foods in the Stage 2 section than in Stage 1. I think they get Stage 2 at 6 months, at least that's when I gave it to my daughter, and I gave her Stage 1 at 4 months.

The only difference in 1 and 2 is stage 2 has more. After stage 2 then you go by the chart listed on the pkg. Like crawler sitter toddler ETC. Stage 3 has small pieces for baby to chew

Stage 1 foods are all single ingredient, pureed the thinnest, and in smaller jars.

Stage 2 foods are usually more than one ingredient mixed together, a little bit thicker, and in bigger jars

Stage 3 foods are very chunky with pieces mixed in with several ingredients in the biggest jars.

Well Gerber has their stages marked, like supported sitter, independent sitter, crawler, beginning to walk etc. I am not sure about the specific food differences but I know that is how they label their different stages :)

Why are there so many thumbs down?

Id stay Stage 1 is thinner were Stage to is a little thicker.

- jeωeℓℓчssα's мαмα *;

I think stage two is thicker than stage 1..

my little sister Brooklyn LOVES sweet potatoes !!!!!!(leaves room to get some) ok im back..... i compared some 1st foods and some 2nd foods and yes it is just bigger.it also depends on how big your child is to start eating 2nd stage foods...... and it also comes in like jars .. (leaves again)

ok i just went and grabbed a jar of 2nd foods and they give you 40z (113g) in a jar (chicken & rice for baby) and i got peaches (2nd foods) it is 2-3.5 oz 99g.(for 1) and i got some pears 1t foods and it is (to prove my point) 2-2.5 oz (71g) so there you have it.....i m glad i could help :) bye:) and have a great day♥

Source(s): gerber :)http://www.gerber.com/Public/Default.aspx p.s. hurry to the website when i went 2 it,they were showing all the stages!!!!

The amount increases and the food gets a bit more chunkier as the stages increase.