Can a Realtor show me a home in another county, they work in Gloucester County and I want Cumberland County?

Was wondering if a realtor can show me homes in Cumberland County when they work in Gloucester County... The MSL number are different and I was told by my realtor that he doesn't have the program to view the Cumberland county homes but he sent me the trends on the Gloucester County. Does this mean that he can't help me buy a home in Cumberland County? Or should I look for a realtor in the county I want to buy a home in?

Favorite Answer

In most States, the license that the agent holds is good throughout the state.

The agent may prefer to limit the area he covers to s single county or a smaller area.

That would be a decision the agent makes, which areas within the state that he wants to cover.

Licensing runs by state - not by county. He can legally sell you anything with in that state.

If he is not familiar with that other county, however you may want to find a realtor that is.

You can ask your agent to see if he/she is licensed for the new area that you are looking for. If yes, then you are ok, if not, then you can ask your agent to refer you a good agent who covers the new area. :)