Family Feud since Christmas.....Who was right?

So my brothers and sisters and I always get together a few days after Christmas since we are all married with our own families and in-laws and stuff, and it is a really nice time every year - we have a "Dirty Santa" gift exchange (the kids love it and its fun for the adults too), a nice meal and really... show more So my brothers and sisters and I always get together a few days after Christmas since we are all married with our own families and in-laws and stuff, and it is a really nice time every year - we have a "Dirty Santa" gift exchange (the kids love it and its fun for the adults too), a nice meal and really just our one time of year to see each other and have a good time - we all live all over the country so it is really the only time we have for ALL of us to be together each year.

Anyway - this last Christmas - some of our relatives called my Mom about a week in advance and asked if they could see us over the holidays and so my Mom invited them to our annual get together.... problem being, it was at my sister's house and Mom didn't consult with my sister and there were six more relatives to accommodate.... and my sister was furious but she compromised by saying the relatives could come over later for dessert after we finished the meal and gift exchange. Mostly my sister and my brothers just wanted this time for ourselves and resented the intrusion, although we love our relatives too.

So at any rate - only two of the six relatives came over later for dessert, the other four were too pissed off at being excluded and still are to this day and now it is causing a big hassle in my extended family.

Just out of curiosity, who do you think was right in this scenario?