Should i lie on my resume about experience?

i am applying for a job as a literacy tutor (for elementary age kids). on the job posting they say "experience tutoring elementary age children is essential" i have worked as a camp counselor for about five summer, and advantaced to head councelor at one camp, i started a reading program at one camp,... show more i am applying for a job as a literacy tutor (for elementary age kids). on the job posting they say "experience tutoring elementary age children is essential"

i have worked as a camp counselor for about five summer, and advantaced to head councelor at one camp, i started a reading program at one camp, and i am a psych major who has studied about 5 courses all concerned with child development and learning. I AM IDEAL for this job but have never tutored a kid before. I know if i can get into the interview room they will be dazzled by my enthusiasm and hire me. BUT i am afraid once they see i have never tutored a child my resume will go straight in the bin.

what should i do? i was thinking about saying i tutored one of my friends young cousins. if i needed it she could give me a reference . . .but i have never lied of my resume before and feel bad doing it!

what can i do to still get an interview without lying??
Update: the reference would be a "fake" reference i.e my friend would say i tutored her cousin when i didn't . . .i donno if the employer could check that out for real but i just feel bad about lying. i am torn anyone have any tips to get an interview without lying even though i lack the experience they say... show more the reference would be a "fake" reference i.e my friend would say i tutored her cousin when i didn't . . .i donno if the employer could check that out for real but i just feel bad about lying. i am torn anyone have any tips to get an interview without lying even though i lack the experience they say is essential .

its just a crummy student summer job i do not think they would invest in background checks or anything.
9 answers 9