R&P: Who are some bands who you feel don't get enough love in here and some you feel get enough?

Enough:

The Beatles, Queen, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Guns N' Roses, Nirvana, Bob Dylan, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath

Not Enough:

UFO, Testament, Judas Priest, Randy Rhoads, Motorhead, Scorpions, Mastodon, Deep Purple, Wolfsbane, Jimi Hendrix (He gets some, but not enough for what he was), White Zombie

Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Metallica are my 3 favourite bands so I'm happy they get enough love, I just wish some of my other favourites did.

TomBud: Your grandma was good last night, although your mother was better. You might need to get a new bed, the pounding me and your mother gave it last night must of messed it up.

Chin up son? Cut the british slang and open yourself up to metal, the music you are listening to is drenched in media culture and repetitivness. When Oasis make a song as good as Fade To Black, The Trooper, Iron Man etc let me know. I doubt you've even listened to Mastodon.

Yeah, I don't propose to be some stuck-up rich citizen, I tell it how it is, burping, farting and picking my nose is sweet, analyzing my profile now? Haha, desperate for an insult? Give it up, "mate" your music is overplayed with insturment playing that doesn't compare to metal.

The fact that you just wasted a thread on writing some bs Oasis lyrics kind of gives me a clue.....

• Favorite Answer

Howzabout.......

( Not Enough )

Death, Bolt Thrower, Lacuna Coil, Diamond Head, Budgie, Kansas, Fleetwood Mac, the Greateful Dead, Sevendust, Arch Enemy, Obituary, Death Angel, Sepultura, Soulfly, Apocalyptica, Dark Lunacy, Eluveitie, Sabaton, Iced Earth, Melechesh, Distorted, Orphaned Land

( Enough )

I agree with your list, and would add Megadeth, Pink Floyd, Slayer

I Agree With Your Enough List Except Guns N' Roses- Most Of The Time People Go On About Axl And When People Talk About Axl- That Ain't Lovin'

I Also Agree With Your Not Enough, Theres Tonnes That Don't Get Enough Love, Most Of The Time Questions Are All The Same. Jonas Brothers Don't Get Alot Of Love Which I THANK GOD They Don't.

Enough (in a few cases, the artist gets more than enough):

Guns N' Roses, Metallica, the Doors, the Rolling Stones, the Beatles, Elvis, Nirvana, AC/DC, Iron Maiden and a number of others.

Not enough (includes non-rock guitarists who are often overlooked or not talked about much by guitarists in R&P):

Badfinger, Cinderella, Tesla, Scorpions, Ratt, Chet Atkins, Jerry Reed, Tommy Emmanuel, White Lion, Melvin Taylor, Cody Kilby, Cross Canadian Ragweed (labeled as country, so that actually makes sense that those here in R&P don't know about them), Mr. Big, Jimmie Vaughan, Sonny Landreth, Robert Randolph, Albert Lee, Merle Travis, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, UFO, Black Sabbath with Dio on vocals (with Ozzy, they get enough love here in R&P...with Dio, they don't), Iced Earth, Joe Bonamassa, Danny Gatton, Molly Hatchet, Allman Brothers Band, Redd Volkaert, Johnny Hiland and I'm sure I'm forgetting many great artists!

she drove YOU around town and you were not decent enough to offer her some gas money and you don't pick up the bill when you go out and order something off the dollar menu at mcdonalds? Dude, seriously.... open your wallet. Now, the thing about her scheduling time with you is a totally separate issue. That is her saying without the words that she loves you and wants to spend time with you.

Not enough---Ten Years After--a great band

I agree with your "enough" list.

Not enough: Rainbow, Deep Purple, UFO, Thin Lizzy

• anvil...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGV3kec5yPw

Youtube thumbnail

is the most unloved and overlooked metal band of all time.

maybe it was because they were Canadian.

i also think that the infectious grooves should get waaaay more love than they do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLetfd4oLSE

Youtube thumbnail

and of course there are the kings of "forgotten and under-rated"...

Y&T...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJVuTb6QEYI

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

as for too much attention...

any attention given to pre-packaged disney po(o)p or cyrus spawn is too much...

now playing: this is absolution - killswitch engage

i agree about deep purple, I think whitesnake and rainbow don't get enough either

i think the killers get too much attention

• rose

Oasis don't get enough love. The Gallaghers write great lyrics.

the hellacopters and the answer are probably the two most underated bands ever