Buying a motocross bike? 10 points to best answer.?

I'll probably buy a used one. I have no idea of what one to get. I'm 14, girl, 5'4"-5"5', 107-110 pounds. What would be a good bike. I want to know ALL possible bikes. Any websites that will tell me what kind and what to look for when buying one would be great. Any advice and suggestions would be awesome. I have no experience and will probably teach myself will very little help of others. If I enjoy it I would probably get a better bike in the future so nothing to expensive right now but still any suggestions for the future is appreciated too. Thanks!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Alright well first of all I'm sure that everyone who answered so far are all wrong except for dragon2k2. An 85cc bike is too slow and pretty small for you. I had those bikes at the age of 7. But what i really recommend is a Honda CRF100R, Yamaha 100, Kawasaki 100, KTM 100, and Suzuki 100. Those are very good bikes to start off with good with speed suspension, and safe. I know all of this because im an experienced rider and iv'e been riding for 10 years.

Good Luck

Stay Safe =)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'd go for either a big wheel 85, 150R or a KX100/KTM105. You could also consider a 125 and installing a lowering linkage until you grow a couple inches. A lot of this depends on whether or not you plan to race and if you will compete in the mini class or the women's class. In the mini class you only have 1 more year to race. In the women's class you will be racing against girls on 125 2 strokes and 250F's so keep that in mind.

Okay Dirtdigger and Pelican. You guys claim you know everything and everyone else is wrong so why don't you know that there hasn't been an 80cc MX bike made in ages? Any 80cc motocross bike still running would be far too outdated to race on and probably wouldn't have much life left in it for any use. Let's face it you guys are a couple old farts that can't stand the thought of a younger person being more informed than you on any subject. Go read a friggin' motocross magazine or something, your knowledge is severely behind the times.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A girl your age and your size who wants a bike for motocross should get either an 80cc or 85cc 2 stroke bike, such as a Honda CR, a Kawasaki KX, a KTM SX, a Suzuki RM, or a Yamaha YZ.

You have no business being on anything bigger than 85 cc. Don't listen to the people who tell you to get a 125; they don't know what they are talking about. I have been trail riding in Northern Michigan for 34 years. I began trail riding when I was 6 years old. I raced Enduros and Hare Scrambles for 12 years. I competed in the International Six Days Enduro twice. I know what I am talking about.

If you have no experience, you should not be doing any self teaching. You need to take a safety course. The Cycle Conservation Club can help you.

www.cycleconservationclub.org

• 3 years ago

you would be plenty extra desirable off looking an old Yamaha/Honda/Kawasaki/KTM/Husqvarna/Suzu... , any of the recognized star manufacturers. you would be happy with any of their 125CC motorcycles, yet i could be very hesitant to purchase this one. that's an unknown producer, with unknown high quality. nicely made airborne dirt and dust motorcycles can stay long lives.Honda (IMHO) ruled the airborne dirt and dust motorcycle worldwide interior the 80's (i hate asserting that because of the fact I journey Yamaha), and you'd be nicely served via finding into that era of Honda CR style airborne dirt and dust motorcycles.. A 1980 Honda CR125 could be under 500$ and , if it truly is been stored nicely, run you ragged for years yet to come again. I nonetheless have my 1976 Yamaha XT250. I geared it out for hill / path driving years in the past and rolled ninety 9,000 miles on it a minimum of two times. you may no longer get that style of high quality from a no-call motorcycle.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I am a girl motocrosser about your size and i started last year when I was 14. I started with a kawasaki big wheel 85cc which was good at first but it was quite tight to ride. I am now on a kawasaki 125cc and would definaltley recommend one. They are much more forgiving than the 85cc. Also for starting out I would recommend honda/yamaha or kawasaki. They are more reliable and so are easier to maintain.

Good Luck x

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Do not get anything bigger than an 85 cc bike. Get either an 80 or an 85. Websites you can visit to help you are:

www.nohvcc.org

www.msf.usa.org

www.cycleconservationclub.org

americantrails.org

• 1 decade ago

Get a 2 stroke 125, there pretty big bikes, but you'll adapt to them, that's what I'd race but I have a rmz250

• 1 decade ago

honda crf 150. whether you get that or not i would go with a 4 stroke, they have less maitence and they are more rider friendly

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.