Will a refurbished iMac from apple.com work like a brand new one?

I'm buying a refurbished iMac from apple directly online and I was wondering if it is safe and if it will work properly. I am spending a large amount of money on it and I want to know if it will work as good as a brand new one. Also, will it have any defects whatsoever, and any scratches, etc?

By the way, I'm saving $500 on the refurbished one (if that makes a difference).

Best Answer

It will not work the same as a brand new one. Don't ever believe anyone who says it will. You never get new performance from used devices. It will work well though. There may be a few hiccups since they are repairing it and reselling it. I don't trust refurbish devices. Even though they have been repaired and certified for use, I have had bad luck using them. Yes there will be scratches but nothing more than cosmetic. But remember the old phrase "You get what you pay for", Don't expect a $800 Mac to run like a $2000 Mac of the same model and specs..

most likely apple has restored the hard drive so it should work fine, but i know that it might have scratches depending on the old owner and it might not due to changing the laptop top..

It should work fine. It may or may not have scratches depending on the previous owner.

Source(s): Mac user.

well... let me ask you something... if the difference between the referbished and the new one is just 500 or 600 bucks... it's probably better to save that up... and just get the new one.