What mental state exists in heaven?

If I go to heaven, in what way am I there? Before I was born, I had no mental state. When I'm asleep, I'm not conscious. When I'm in a coma, I'm not conscious. When psychotic, I'm not in reality. None of these states seem to me like the make the idea of going to heaven a nicer way of looking at... show more If I go to heaven, in what way am I there? Before I was born, I had no mental state. When I'm asleep, I'm not conscious. When I'm in a coma, I'm not conscious. When psychotic, I'm not in reality. None of these states seem to me like the make the idea of going to heaven a nicer way of looking at death. When a spear goes through my frontal cortex, I lose higher brain function and I lose social skills and the ability to concentrate and use good judgement. Would I go to heaven with such an state of mind?
Update: Joy is a reward pathway in the brain. We become like junkies on a permanent high in heaven?

Perfect state of mind in the grace of god. A state of mind is a mood or outlook. How can there be a perfect one? What are you thinking? What is the grace of god? Surely it would be on Earth?
Update 2: What is the soul? My mind generates thoughts and my mind provides attention selectively. This is a mental process. Without my mind and memories, I pretty much have something like alzheimers. Those people can be made happy. Holy ****, you are indicating that heaven is this place where you have no mind but simply a... show more What is the soul? My mind generates thoughts and my mind provides attention selectively. This is a mental process. Without my mind and memories, I pretty much have something like alzheimers. Those people can be made happy. Holy ****, you are indicating that heaven is this place where you have no mind but simply a 'soul' which is a form of consciousness - because without that I don't feel I exist (heaven seems pointless if I'm in a sleeping mental state) - an ability to choose one thing over another. Without a mind, I'm just this blind thing with my reward pathways always on and no thoughts.
Update 3: What about a brain transplant? A body dies but the brain is transplanted to a new body or at least some of it. Where is the soul? Did it go with it. I'm gonna ask that tomorrow when my question limit is reset.
Update 4: So heaven makes religious people happier because they see it from the perspective of a supreme being recreating them in a new environment. I will die and then brought back to life in a new environment. So death would be no different from going to sleep but if aware you are dying, you would have the expectation that... show more So heaven makes religious people happier because they see it from the perspective of a supreme being recreating them in a new environment. I will die and then brought back to life in a new environment. So death would be no different from going to sleep but if aware you are dying, you would have the expectation that you will arise again.

Religion seems to me as simply a way of interpreting reality to make you feel happier about yourself. I can see other benefits to religion, but I could never believe in religion. If I hadn't heard of religion and met someone preaching religious, I would think you to be psychotic. Had I met 100 of you, then I would be concerned to drink the same water.