Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Will there be another stimulus bill in 2009?

If so, how will it be targeted, and what would be the trigger for getting it enacted? Would the Dow have to go back to 6500? Would unemployment have to go over 12%? Would the foreclosure crisis have to double in size? Would another Megabank have to fail?

If there were another stimulus bill would any dollar from that bill ever get down into the hands of any actual citizen -- or would it just be more money for the bankers, or for the shovel-ready programs in the states that will probably start sometime in the next 10 years or so. or for the state services programs like medical subsidies and housing subsidies and food subsidies -- 75% of which are sucked up and disappear into the vast state bureaucracies -- never to touch the hands of any actual citizen? Do I seem angry about this or shrill? If so, please don't let that affect your answer -- just try to be accurate -- tell me what you really think will happen -- forget about my vibes on this issue -- just give me your best guess about what will happen -- please.

• Jill M
    Favorite Answer

My best guess is from my heart. I've done a lot of research and this is what I believe.

I don't think there will be any more stimulus bills. I wonder how they are going to come up with the money to foot the one they already have? Obama, himself, says we are out of money now.

He has 2 choices a) he can try to borrow more from Europe and Asia - but remember we cannot pay back the trillion or so we already owe - so will they be stupid enough to lend more - good money after bad? It doesn't seem like they would be that stupid.

b) The 2nd choice would be to print more money. If he prints more money and there is no gold to back it up then it will cause massive inflation. (each one of our dollars is supposed to backed by a 1.00 worth of gold. But if he keeps printing money soon it will be backed with 30 cents worth of gold... and that is what causes inflation.)

I think then with the terrible job losses combined with inflation that it will cause a food and fuel shortages. [Afterall, how are we going to pay for our fuel import costs?? with 'no' money or a devalued $ that they won't accept] O has already put a fee on raw milk that has driven nearly 200 dairies out of business since the end of February. If he follows in Carter's steps - he will try out price setting. Which is what brought Venz (remember Hugo Chavez?) to starvation.

Our people will be really angry and I'm betting that they will riot big time. When people have nothing to lose, they lose nothing by rioting.

Then O will declare Martial Law and then he will be our first dictator.

We don't have 10 more years. I doubt we have 2 more years.. though the gurus are saying riots won't start till the Christmas of 2012.. It is all happening so fast I don't think anyone will comprehend it until they go to the pump and there is no gas or to the grocery store and there is no food.

Did you know some of the major chains are limiting purchases over a certain amt of various goods now? Like Sam's Club you can only buy so much flour at one time, so much pinto beans, so much rice.. What does that tell you?

The following link has 2 videos on it - scroll down til you see them. They need to be watched by every American so people can understand what is happening and why.

They are also the reason we are stocking up to prepare in case worse comes to worst.

• ?

Rumor is there is going to be done something to prop up Social Security

and Medicare and Medicaid as there two fossils are failing and paying

out more then they are taking in~thus the baby boomers are 65 million

Strong and are starting to collect

Also the Universal Health may kick in at the end of this year or next

year and they will need something in the works to kick start this

new agency

Houses are being still subsidized and the unemployment benefits may

be lightened to aid the millions who are losing there jobs

Naw~you don't sound shrill or angry~just logical~keep screaming at

the government if you think it will help~right now everyone is jumping for joy over President Obama but next year? maybe another story

Given that the first one has done nothing to revive the economy and has added trillions upon trillions of debt on the backs of future generations--hopefully not.

Read Obama's interview on CNN today. He actually said "We have no more money and I didn't even work on healthcare!!.. WOW what a genius lets see how this effects the markets on monday. If another stimulus bill is in the works we are fubar. maybe thats what this dog wants!!

Do you know how much damage has already been done to the country by Bush and now barry`s credit spending spree. If he even thinks about spending another trillion or so $ he should be deported on the spot.

• Wendy

the world is full of things that are"too big to fail" gonna be bailing out some states and the medical profession(with socialized health care kicking in) gonna be bailing out coal mines and miners and electic companies as well as lot's of other thing(when cap and trade kicks in) you get the picture...but it's ok cause we can always print more money. any chance you can work more OT at work? please don't forget to learn to speak chinese as well cause that will soon be our new language

Source(s): love the peeing on the electric fence comparison....thing is they are peeing and everybody else is getting shocked

Dial the white house and ask for Obama.Hes the only one that could answer your question.

Oh,to answer your underlying question: Am I angry? Im not an angry guy,I just laugh that America is bought and sold by the mass media.It was inevitable that America will have to pee on the electric fence in order to fully comprehend our economic disaster completely. I other words we will just have to learn the hard way.

I doubt it. Bush passed a $700 Billion bailout in 2008, Obama passed the Stimulus...I don't think another will be passed within a year.

You need to direct this question to China! Barry is admitting him self this country is broke!

You betcha! Obama hasn't dipped into your great great great great grandchildren's salaries yet!