How can I get my horse to move off my leg quicker?

Okay, I have a 5 year old QH gelding, and he is great, but he doesn't move off my leg as much as I would like.
What are some exercises I can do to improve the way he reacts to pressure from my legs?
Any good sites or videos to help?
Update: Maybe I should've worded that better. I do usually wear spurs on him (I'm a very good rider and I do not stick them in his sides or keep them on him or anything, they just help you not move your leg as much to contact). Also, I do a lot of spirals too, as it is very necessary for barrel racing, and he... show more Maybe I should've worded that better.
I do usually wear spurs on him (I'm a very good rider and I do not stick them in his sides or keep them on him or anything, they just help you not move your leg as much to contact).
Also, I do a lot of spirals too, as it is very necessary for barrel racing, and he does well with that.
I SHOULD HAVE ASKED: My horse moves off my leg side to side, but I'm trying to teach him to do rollbacks, and the only way he does it is if I make him face fence so he forced to. Any other time, he throws a fit. I know I'm probably doing something wrong but I'm not sure what. I taught my other horse to do rollbacks easily, but this horse is being much more difficult.

Also, I do not do a lot of groundwork as in lunging because he is terrified of all whips (previous owner's fault). I know I should try using voice commands and such, I just haven't gotten around to it because I've been doing a lot of barrel training.