Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Should America withdraw support to Israel?

I don't understand why US tax money should go to pay Israel, what have they done for us. I don't have nothing against American Jews, but Israel is its own nation, we can't bailout every country, if Israel cannot stand on its own, then let them and the A-rabs have it, its just a desert and they are not giving us any thing anyways.

I don't see why America should give money away to other first world developed countries with big armies and nukes like Israel. America is not a middle eastern country, we have no business in stick our nose around there except for the countries who directly attack us like Afghanistan. If US stayed out of the Israel-arab fight we would be left alone by all the Muslims.

Update:

edit

I could not care if Israel blows Iran off the map. If Iran wants to blow up Israel then they have a right to defend themselves. There are lots of wars and America can't stop them all.

@first poster, don't forget Israel is Gd's nation because it was the first nation to accept Gd, not because Gd loves Jews more than he does other people. The point of those messages is that those who believe in Gd will be protected by him. Plus Iran has been trying to wipe of Jews since the beginning of time and they are doing well.

Update 2:

Israel was destroyed and occupied many many times. From before the birth of Jesus and the second destruction of the temple until 1948, Israel was controlled by foreign countries /it enemies just fine.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Do not be ridiculous.

If you think that the Muslim Terrorists would leave us alone if we dropped our support for Israel, you are living in fantasyland.

Israel is the best friend that we have in The Middle East.

Also if we did cut off aid to Israel, the best way for Israel to protect irself is to wipe out the Muslim Arabs and Iranians so that they cannot threaten Israel.

As long as The United States supports Israel the Israelis do not need to be too aggressive with the Muslim Arabs and Iranians.

However without The support of The United States of America the Israelis would have to be much more aggressive toward the Muslim Arabs and Iranians to guarantee the survival of Israel.

Source(s): My experience when I served on The Egypt Project during The Carter Administration.
  • BMCR
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

The problem with such questions is that you focus exclusively on Israel.

The reality is that America gives foreign aid to numerous countries, some of them less friendly to America than Israel, e.g. Egypt, where over $1 billion annually is spent.

Thus, to have a problem with this means you'd have to have a problem with foreign aid in general. If that is the case, then I'd expect you to focus on that, instead of Israel specifically.

Otherwise, it sounds like another lame attempt to complain about Israel.

For the record, do you have any idea what the percentage of the USA's total expenditures goes to foreign aid (not just Israel, but in total)?

It's 1.2%

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No.

But if you do want to cut the strings with Israel don't cry when Israel blows Iran off the map.

And limp wrists who think that the crazies won't hate us if we just give them their own way are just dreaming.

What did the rest of the world do to provoke Muslims into ravaging all of Europe a few hundred years ago?

Where's Vlad the Impaler when we need him?

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

How about we pull support from Egypt who we give two billion dollars a year in aid to while watching them vote against us 80% of the time at the UN. I like that idea better. Israel is fine. God bess.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Israel is God country like someone else said above me and it will not be destroyed by the muslims, we should support Israel they are our allies

• Kevin7
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

no!Israel is a great ally to the UsA and the West!You should care if Israel exists or not, it is in America's best interest that it does exist!

• 7 years ago

They are trouble and all support should be dropped to these terrorists. All through history they were trouble makers. They consider us as gentiles and we should support them. They own our country already . Our politicians are bought and paid for and Israel's lobby and media persuades the US how to think. They are deceivers and we have become the fools. They hate Christians and fought with the Muslims during the crusades .

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

withdrawing is impossible

ur country is run by israel do your research

america vetoed over 40 sanctions against israel in the UN

just put it this way, washington aint ur real head quarters ISRAEL IS!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Is Israel a terrorist nation?

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

What have they done for us, perhaps you should educate yourself and learn about what they've done for the entire world.

Source(s): Man you're ignorant.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.