Past examples of negotiations w/ terrorists proving successful?

I have a debate for school where I have to argue that the US should negotiate w/ terrorists or terrorist states. I have some pretty solid points but I was wondering if anyone knew about any examples where terrorist negotiations turned out best for the country that engaged in negotiation. I vaguely know somehting... show more I have a debate for school where I have to argue that the US should negotiate w/ terrorists or terrorist states. I have some pretty solid points but I was wondering if anyone knew about any examples where terrorist negotiations turned out best for the country that engaged in negotiation. I vaguely know somehting about N Ireland's troubles and consequent peace, but I'd like some more examples, if there are any.
Update: Look, I didn't choose the side I got it was assigned to me so all this stuff about "don't negotiate w/ terrorrist" isn't really helping me. I'm just looking for any examples, no matter how ambiguous; i doubt the opposing ppl will have full extensive knowledge of stuff like "hostage... show more Look, I didn't choose the side I got it was assigned to me so all this stuff about "don't negotiate w/ terrorrist" isn't really helping me. I'm just looking for any examples, no matter how ambiguous; i doubt the opposing ppl will have full extensive knowledge of stuff like "hostage situation off ethiopia"