Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAustraliaOther - Australia · 1 decade ago

Who's the most famous person in Australia?

I don't mean people like Heath Ledger because he lived in the USA, who's the most famous person that actually lives in Australia?

Best Answer

It changes from week to week. Lately it has probably been Matthew Johns!

Dawn Fraser - Australian champion swimmer. She is one of only two swimmers to win the same Olympic event three times, in her case, the 100 meters freestyle.

Fraser won eight Olympic medals, including four gold medals, and six Commonwealth Games gold medals. She also held 39 records. The 100 meters freestyle record was hers for 15 years from 1 December 1956 to 8 January 1972. She was named the Australian of the Year in 1964

I'd just like to point out to "gentleman" that Niki Lauder is an AUSTRIAN!

That means he's from Austria in Europe not from Australia.

The name in the news more often than anyone else recently has been a well known ex-Rugby League player.

Other than that I'd have to say the PM Kevin Rudd.

Famous for what ..? For being in movies , on TV , in politics , playing sport or actually doing something worthwhile for the greater good of the community !

Most of our achievers are quiet , non assuming people who rarely are in the public eye....the other extreme would be Dame Edna Everidge ...the living legend of Moonee Ponds !

Source(s): J..

Probably Russell Crowe, who I believe has a place in Woolloomooloo, or Nicole Kidman, who owns at least two homes in Australia, so I'd count both of them.

• the ox

We're a nation of sportlovers so i'd pick a national sport like cricket and say someone like Shane Warne or Ricky Ponting

the prime minister is famous in australia... but probably not everywhere else. hugh jackman is out because he lives in america. russell crowe... where's he live? i'm not sure who would top the list.

• silver

Brett Lee, the worlds best fast bowler.....

Kevin Rudd? Nah jokes about that one!

Well I can't think of anyone right now that is alive but I can tell you famous people who are dead.

.Ned Kelly and Graham Kennedy, that's who I can think of right now.

• Mel

It would have to be either Kevin Rudd, John Howard or someone like Crazy John.