Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsRodents · 1 decade ago

So my friends want to release around 150 mice on the last day of school...?

So that everyone will get freaked out and $hit, my question is, is this gonna harm the mice, I mean obviously if the school decides to kill them all instead of catching them they will get harmed but are they gonna be ok while they're running around scaring people?

• mcally
    Favorite Answer

More than likely people will stomp and step on them. They could actually be charged with cruelty to animals, even if it is just mice.

As an animal lover and a monthly donater to the ASPCA, I think this is a horrible idea. The mice will probably be killed in a terrible manner, stomped to death. Have more imagination and come up with an idea that does NOT include animals or rodents. The mice at your school are lab mice I'm sure, not the filthy rodents that will cause disease in your home. I happen to like lab mice, Guinea pigs, etc..

YES! It WILL harm them. I know it sounds a funny idea, but 150 mice, from captivity have NO idea how to hunt and get food outside, or even build shelter and protect themselves from predators. Them would die very, very soon. Also your school would probably bring in pest control to kill them. People may also stand on them.

If you are getting them from "the wild", it is cruel taking them form their natural habitat, and you could catch awful diseases.

The mice won't think "oh those kids want me to stick around and scare people, we'll run around for a bit longer". They will be extremely panicked and run down any hole they can find, and try and get away from it.

....'Fraid this is the type of thing that only works on TV.

i would tell a teacher or your principal about this to try and stop it.

150 mice is going to scare people, and there's no need for that many mice to be running around. they're just going to get killed. they're either going to get stepped on or an exterminator will have to get rid of them. it's not fair to the mice or your school for that to happen. there's tons of things your friends can do on the last day of school to shock everyone, just don't involve little mice that can't defend themselves. it'll be more trouble than its worth.

• lexi m

Also the mice could infest the school and cause damage.

Your friend would be responsible not only for the damage the mice cause by chewing electrical wires, making holes in walls and whatever else trouble they get into......... but also responsible for paying for the exterminator.

Sounds pretty expensive to me. It could run thousands of dollars.

Really, think about it.

1. Animal cruelty.

2. The mice will probably get stomped on and all that.

3. Your friends will get in so much trouble that it won't be worth it.

4. You may have to pay for the damages. Actually, your parents will probably have to pay for it.

5. It's not worth it.

Try just walking around with a couple of rats on your shoulder. That'll scare 'em and the animals will be fine.

Source(s): Experience XD

That is really not a good idea. Not only is it disrespectful to the people in the school, but it is not fair to the animals. My opinion is not to do it. Hang underwear on the flag pole or something.

BAD IDEA. Oddly enough, I thought of the same thing for my senior prank. My friends and I ended up getting a huge charge with cruelty to animals and we were suspended for some time, and unable to walk on our graduation. Bad...bad...bad....

Well do you think it's a good idea? People like this don't give a rat's tail about animals. It sickens me, don't do it. If your friend does it, ask how would they feel if they were at risk of getting squished.

Source(s): Absolutely not.