Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Why does my cat "vibrate"?

Her chest always vibrates like she has worms of something in her. is it normal? when she vibrates she makes a tiny vibrate noise and its scaring me because it doesnt seem normal!

33 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Umm, that's called PURRING genius.

• 3 years ago

Haha, this must be one of the stupidest things ive ever read. Period. :p

If you dont know what purring is then you should not have a cat. Cats purr when they are a) looking for attention b) Happy/satisfied/comfortable c) horny/excited d) when they get petted.

The purr is distinct from other cat vocalizations because it is produced when the cat is both inhaling and exhaling.

The measurable Hertz wave of a cats purr ranges from 25 to 150. At the lower end, a cat’s purr has the same vibratory velocity as an idling diesel engine.

There have been many studies about the healing power of the purr. It has been proven to lower blood pressure and alleviate depression. As a result, some friendly and placid cats are very effective “therapy animals” in hospitals or retirement homes.

The frequency of a cat’s purr may also promote the healing of bones. Cats suffer less than other animals from osteoarthritis and other bone diseases.

• alpis
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Why Does My Cat Vibrate

• 6 years ago

Wooooooooooooooow

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Your cat is not purring like everyone else says. Your cat has ingested a female sex toy, or "vibrator" and it is going off in your cat. Seek vetinary help immediately

Source(s): Trust me, I'm an engineer
  • 1 decade ago

I'm pretty sure she is purring.

My girl cat purrs gently and you can hardly hear it, but my male cat purrs so loud it wakes me up and he vibrates along with it.

That's normal... especially if it's when you're showing her attention. She likes you!

Source(s): I have two cats
  • 1 decade ago

Are you sure she just isn't purring? When my cat purrs you can hear it all the way across the house...or if she is sitting on a bed you can feel the bed vibrate.

• 6 years ago

That's a great question! One might think that your cat is vibrating because her ringer is turned off. But that's not the case.

Your cat vibrates for many reasons - I'll list them and give you the remedies - you should try them all just to be safe.

1) She's dirty - Cats vibrate to try to get the dirt off themselves. You should give her a bath. Cats LOVE baths! Be sure to remove your clothes as well and lock the shower door before turning on the water - this will enhance your enjoyment of the cat-bathing experience.

2) She needs a new medicine. Go to the vet and get some cat pills. It doesn't matter what kind, 'cuz the important part is that you give your cat a cat pill. Cat's LOVE to take pills. This should be done in the nude as well.

3) She wants her belly rubbed. Cat's love an aggressive belly rub. They love it so much, they will hug your hand while you do it. This too, is best done in the nude.

I've made these helpful tips to help you keep your cat from vibrating too much. Do these, and I guarantee, she'll stop vibrating.

For The Humor Impaired: For the love of GOD don't do these things, ESPECIALLY in the NUDE! Cat's HATE these things - the lacerations you will receive will likely be bone-deep and require extensive surgery to repair.

If you do not know why your cat is "Vibrating" - then you probably shouldn't own a cat. Find a single lady in her 50's - she'll likely understand what your cat needs and will take much better care of it than you will.

• Sword303 years agoReport

You are hilarious! Thanks for putting at the end "For The Humor Impaired".
      BTW
      My (late) cat, Muffin had to take allergy pills every Spring, never a problem.
      My (late) cat, Frisco sat in the shower and enjoyed the spray of water.
      My cat, Kyllee Loves to have her belly rubbed.

• 3 years ago

She is just purring, it's a normal thing all cats do. Trust me, she is in no need for medical attention. When she purrs, simply pet or scratch her.

• 1 decade ago

the problem same goes as mine.my cat will also vibrate and makes a tiny noise.i don't think he has worms or something in her.because when i bring him to his food,he looks very hungry.

• 1 decade ago

it means they are purring, they do it when they are happy, you will notice she does it when your petting her or she is with you, its a show of affection, your cat is perfectly normal,,,somtimes when cats purr they stick there tong out, look for that.

they make this noise from breathing and making there toung vibrate, you can feel it on there neck also, and for most cat's you can hear a little sound and other cats it can be very loud or make no noise.

hope i helped :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.