Are white ink tattoos and UV/Black Light the same?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nope. There is opaque white and mixing white. The UV ink is made differently, and a lot of colors are patented. Skin Candy has the best selection of colors. We've got a bunch of it at the shop, but rarely get asked for any UV tattoos. It pretty much just sits on the shelf.

Source(s): I'm a professional tattoo artist, 7 yrs.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Linda
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

If you're that worried about white ink, then you could ask for light pink. Honestly, I don't think it would make an awful lot of difference. But if the problem with it maybe going black if you get it removed is a big worry, why get it at all? If you're considering removing it before you even get it, then maybe you shouldn't get it. I think you should go talk to a tattoo artist anyway, they'll be able to tell you more accurately than yahoo answers.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no. white ink is white ink. as in black ink is black ink and blue ink is blue ink. UV ink is UV ink, it only shows in uv light...

just from common sense, if the one's called white ink and the other one UV ink, shouldn't it be clear, that's two different things?!

Source(s): work. two white ink tattoos.
  • 1 decade ago

NO. White you can see for a same time, but never stay in the skin. Black light, you can not see when applied to skin. every hard to do black light.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

no

White ink is visible in regular light

Black light is invisible ink, only seen under a black light.

• 1 decade ago

WOW THAT'S AWESOME!!! :D

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.