Kooties asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

How good do you think Robert Downey Jr. will be in Sherlock Holmes?

I saw the trailer and it looks good. Dude is on fire with his movies. If you saw Iron man then you know what I mean! Just think, he was once strung out on drugs and now the man is back! ( ^ _ ^ ) His acting skills are unquestionable, he just needed to let the drugs go!

Edit:

Robert Downey Jr. is somewhat of a Heath Ledger story but he's a survivor. If HL would have gotten the help that he needed, he'd still be alive today starring in great movies.

The war movie? I can't remember the name of it. Yes. He portrays a Black soldier. I saw the trailer to that one and you're right, he was pretty convincing.

( ^ _ ^ ) "I'm the dude, that's playing the dude, that's disguised as a dude." Too funny! :)

Favorite Answer

I've always like RD, not only does he do a great job of bringing his roles to believable life but he seems like a real nice guy too. And, yea, we all hope his drug problems are in the past because it would be a huge downer if he had to go back to prison or if he exited life.

As far as I'm concerned, Jeremy Brett is the ultimate Holmes--there was just something battered and crotchety about Brett's Holmes that suited the role so well, when I read the Holmes series that's how I pictured Holmes (ok, maybe just slightly thinner but the face and attitude was on point). From the trailer I just watched, the Holmes that Downey plays has more sex appeal and has more of a sense of humor, less dictatorial. And Jude Law is a completely different Watson then the one in the books, more modern thinking, younger. I'm not sure I'll like this sexier duo though--I kind of liked that Holmes had a stilted attitude about the intelligence of women because it fit the era he existed in and that there were only a few women Holmes actually came to admire (which is as close to love or, yikes, physical contact he had with women). I would have preferred that Holmes kept aloof of all the male-female love-sex things in this film too but that isn't to be. Not sure all the special affects and "super-human" things in this film are going to feel right either since one of the things Holmes is known for is his intelligence, his ability to deduce correctly and not fall back on physical aggression to overcome evil. This film sort of negates that. But I'm going to go see it anyway.

I heard somewhere that he was going to be portraying Sherlock Holmes as gay.

Just what I heard haha

Maybe itll be like what Johnny Depp did with Jack Sparrow and made him kind of goofy like that.

But I love Robert Downey Jr

Anything and everything he does is amazing :DD

I think he'll do a fine job with the role if he gives even half the contribution of talent he normally does. I've noticed his versatility in other recent films and I really hope he makes this one his own, as I'm looking forward to this movie!

Despite all his personal issues, the man is a genius at his craft.

he will excell.

I thing the role first him to a T

I bet he will be great, in the last movie I saw him he convinced me he was black.

• robert downy jr is a good actor and is cleaned up enough to let his talent shine.