What are your thoughts on Michael Savage calling Rush Limbaugh a fraud?

From the May 18 edition of Talk Radio Network's The Savage Nation:

SAVAGE: And yet here in America, I've had some people come to my aid. They see the bigger picture. They're not like [Bill] O'Reilly; they're not like Limbaugh, who's the biggest disappointment of all. Limbaugh has turned out to be the biggest phony of all of them, all of them. Amongst all of them, he is the biggest fraud. Rush Limbaugh is a fraud. When he was accused of the drug usage, I supported him. But that man is a one-way street. It's all about him. He's in it for nobody but himself.

Favorite Answer

It's about time - some of us have known Rush to be a fraud for years. Way to go, Michael!

• ?

Michael Savage is a little bit bitter; he has indicated on a few occasions that he "isn't a member of the club" and harbors some resentment.

I think that just because a guy like Rush is just in it for himself doesn't make him a fraud - he's a capitalist, he's a talk-show host, he's got some "star" stuff going on - he's a controversial figure. What does Savage expect? When you come down to it, show business is about being in it for yourself, isn't it? I guess it would be nice if Limbaugh and others put "The Conservative Movement" ahead of their own competitive drive, but in a sense that would be anti-Conservative, wouldn't it?

I like Michael Savage - I like Rush Limbaugh - I don't think either is "The Voice Of Conservatism" but they each have interesting things to say.

• Kerri

You may be confusing Savage with Steele. But either way, I'm getting tired of the Palin, Cheney, Steele, Limbaugh show or any of the other GOP infighting. Its like watching an arab-israli war. In the end nothing gets accomplished and its just depressing. There is no one to like on any side.

• anna

My thoughts are: where has he been? I sussed Limbaugh out for a blowhard and a fraud the first time I had the misfortune to hear him on talk radio, and that was in 1991. Of *course* it's about him. And he's all about the money. The more he can shock and irritate people, the more money he can make.

Duh.

Savage is right.....this is referring to the fact that the UK Home Sec. whore put Mike on a banned list. He's on a list with terrorists and skin heads.....it's an outrage and every American should be concerned.

Rush, Hannity, Beck - they all claim to be for free speech and fear a Fairness Doctrine, but when it comes down to it - they're silent.

The only guy to come out in support is Bill Cunningham.

And for Savage to critize the other guys, is nothing new. He's been doing that for years.

Let these mewling, overpaid, self-important bigots trash each other as much as they please. I have no interest in anything either of them says.

The only possible entertainment any of these retarded children could provide me would be if we sent them all to an island and ran a "Survivor"-style show. Also, when a person got voted out of the group, they were eaten by the remaining tribe members rather than sent off in exile. I'd watch that.

Possible contestants:

Al Franken

James Carville

Rush Limbaugh

Glenn Beck

Michael Savage

Sean Hannity

Alan Colmes

Michelle Malkin

Ann Coulter

Rachel Maddow

Keith Olbermann

Chris Matthews

Bob Novak

Nancy Grace

Lou Dobbs

Bill O'Reilly

Moderator: Christopher Hitchens

Food Supply for Week One: Donald Trump and Joan Rivers

The pot calling the kettle black, but actually kind of funny when you think about it. Just like the Octo Mom and Madonna, these talk radio airheads will do anything to stay in the public eye. How come Glen Beck wasn't mentioned? Anyhow, I can't stand any of 'em, and I'll add Anne Coulter and Nancy Grace to the list as well. Even Keith Olbermann, who I often agree with, is getting to be too much for this old gal. Demagogues and rabble rousers, all. I thought we saw and heard enough of them in WW2 .Didn't we?

Source(s): Bunch of media savvy money grubbing ranters and buffoons. What fools we mortals be to pay attention to ANY of them!
  • Jimbo

Savage is just another log on the pile that bash Limbaugh everyday. I've never listened to Savage and don't really care what he says. If he's good at what he does, then fine. If he isn't, he'll go the way of Air America. It sounds to me like Savage has some private problems with Limbaugh.

It is all a circus. If everyone hears their viewpoint spoken with an intensity that only some radio hosts can achieve, then the population is kept calm by the mistaken notion that if such a "mighty" host cannot achieve a resolution, then what could I possibly do?

Rush is a fraud. Michael Weiner may be pretty far right and he espouses some crazy ideals, but he really seems to believe the things that he says. Rush (it has been proved) intentionally lies. So Savage may be pretty far out there, but he is right when it comes to Rush being a fraud.

What does he say Limbaugh is being a fraud about?

Or is it just bashing Rush for no specific act based on Rush's beliefs?

More specifics???