Do you truly believe gun ownership laws are actually RELAXING?

If your so sure im wrong, then why does it keep getting harder to find and buy ammunition?

Its funny to see all of you who were SO FAST to tell me EXACTLY everything the Gov has been trying to do to make people like me think that it actually is laxing. Its not. Guns are more expensive than ever.

Kissinger was quoted saying that all americans would be disarmed by October THIS year.

for those of you defending Obama-

'1994 to 2001 - Obama was on the board of the anti-gun Joyce Foundation. This foundation is the largest funding source for radical anti-gun groups in the country.

* 1996 - Obama supported a ban on the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns.

* 1999 - Obama proposed a 500 percent increase in the excise taxes on firearms and ammunition. This tax would effectively punish gun owners for buying guns and ammunition.

* 2003 - Obama voted in support of legislation that would have banned privately owned hunting shotguns, target rifles and black powder rifles in Illinois.

* 2004 - Obama voted against legislation to protect homeowners from prosecution in cases where they used a firearm to halt a home invasion.

Do we need to even bring up rahm emanuel? He was also a state rep in IL until Obama appointed him as Chief of Staff. He has a F rating by the NRA for his duties in IL.

5 minutes ago

Update:

FEAR TACTIC? if anything, I am the one who is afraid. Seriously. He supports a proposal outlawing RELOADING a weapon, calling it EXPLOSIVES MANUFACTURE. WTF?? seriously. The punishment is extradition from the u.s.

and he supports this.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I hear you on the ammo thing, friend. Last month I went on a 665 mile odyssey looking for ammo. The best I could find was some range ammo and fortunately lucked out at a gun show and got some 15 year old ammo that turned out to be in perfect shape.

Here's the skinny on the ammo situation:

1. Expansion of law enforcement in the US since last year has been "explosive". In other words there are expected to be another 200,000 hires across different law enforcement agencies across the country.

An expansion of law enforcement necessarily means acquiring ammunition to train them so that they purportedly will not shoot innocent by-standers or people who have committed no crime. Despite their best efforts in this area of the law, there are a few failures (like the subway shooting in Oakland a short while ago).

2. The twin war in Afghanistan coupled with the occupation of Iraq has forced the US Government to puchase larger and larger orders of .223, 9mm and .38 special ammo.

3. Since the 08 election, a lot of hype has been circulating about Obama outlawing guns, ammo etc. and so ordinary law-abiding citizens, fearing that their rights might be foreclosed, have been scarfing up guns, new and used, in record numbers. A consequence of that is, they buy more ammo and have been purchasing different varieties of caliber weapons and thus need different varieties of ammo to feed those weapons -- just in case.

4. The law of economics states that the greater the demand, the lower the supply = the higher the price. With a high demand for guns and ammo, there is a consequent higher price for each.

5. There has also been a sort of piggishness going around as many have been hoarding ammo not for self-defense, sport or hunting purposes, but for the purposes of gouging consumers and preying on them to get a higher price or turn a larger profit.

6. There's some fear-mongering going on. Certainly everyone has at least one eye on the administration because no-one, not even the Democracts who voted for Obama AND who are gun enthusiasts, trust that pack of insane-o's when it comes down to gun laws. And so you can see that the desire to own weapons does in fact transcend party lines. Unfortunately, they were willing to vote for Obama even though he'd love to shoot them and take their guns too.

7. We should all be vigilant that the strong-men of history, Stalin, Hitler, Bonaparte, and so many others like them have always first sought to disarm the people before imposing tyranny against them.

8. We, the citizens, should not have to fear our government. It should respect and through that reverence, fear the citizens. They work for us not the other way around.

9. I think the 2nd Amendment as an individual right is alive and here to stay permanently. I think Obama realizes that and a push too far would alienate 60 percent of the people or more.

10. A recent unbiased poll found that over 67 percent of the nation's voters identify themselves as centrist politically, and most favor the 2nd Amendment with a smaller but highly vocal minority opposing it.

11. Its often a small, highly charged, highly vocal minority that often attempts in this country to impose tyranny against the majority; and its the Constitution that resists the imposition of tyranny by either a minority or a majority. In a contest between the "will of the people" and the Constitution, I go with the Constitution. Its textual reality is that its first 10 amendments and the 14th amendment passed after the Civil War, are all designed to protect the individual from the government and the states. Even if that individual may not be popular.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, gun laws are relaxing. The number of states allowing concealed carry is going up, concealed carry is now allowed in national parks, etc., etc.

I am well aware of Obama's record. And I defend it. It's nice to know there is someone in the White House who will keep the country safe from crime rather than selling out to the NRA.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Dishonest republicans have used this fear tactic for decades and it never amounts to anything.

Maybe you could try again in 4 years?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.