Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 decade ago

If I am only going for an Associates Degree, BUT want to get into US Marshal Service...?

...will the Marshal's Centralized Student Career Experience Program help me on my second (or last) year of college will help me? I'm thinking about going to a community college on my first year, then going to a 4 year college that give you a 2 year degree & has the CSCEP?

...Or is there any Law Enforcement jobs that I can take while in college?

I'm trying to do a combination of BOTH Educational & Experience Requirements.

And is it possible to attent BOTH 2 years of college classes & 2 years of online college courses? Is it possible to combine those two as well into a four degree?

Favorite Answer

My only question is why??!! The us marshals are just a glorified prison transport. There is only one division of the marshals that is even remotely interesting and that is the Fugitive Task Force, but you can get on that without be a us marshal.

Qualifications You must be a U.S. citizen Be between the ages of 21 and 36 Have a bachelor's degree, or three years of qualifying experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience Have a valid drivers license with a good driving record Be in excellent physical condition: Fitness Standards for Men Fitness Standards for Women Complete a structured interview Must meet the Medical Qualifications Successfully complete a background investigation Undergo a rigorous 17-½ week basic training program at the U.S. Marshals Service Training Academy in Glynco, GA Qualifying Experience GL-5: GENERAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: A four year bachelors’ degree OR a minimum of three years of responsible volunteer or paid experience. Listed below are examples of acceptable experience: Law enforcement Work involving the correctional treatment and supervision of criminal offenders in correctional institutions Classroom teaching or instruction Sales (other than taking and filing orders as in over-the-counter sales) Interviewing experience in a public or private service agency which involved making determinations on individual requests for services, benefits, etc., and explaining, interpreting, and applying rules, regulations, and procedures Work involving contacts with the public for the purpose of gathering information, such as credit rating investigator, claims adjuster, journalist, etc. Volunteer teaching or counseling Other experience that has demonstrated the ability to take charge and make decisions, such as civilian/military supervisory, managerial or leadership responsibility. GL-7: SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS and SUPERIOR ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT: EXPERIENCE: Have one year of responsible law enforcement experience in addition to the GL-5 experience requirements above Have the ability to deal effectively with associates, subordinates, the general public, and prisoners. Have the ability to make arrests and use firearms proficiently. SUPERIOR ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT: A bachelor's degree and one of the following Superior Academic Achievement provisions: A grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher for all completed undergraduate courses, or for those courses completed during the last 2 years of undergraduate study. Rank in the upper 1/3 of your college or university undergraduate class. Membership in a national scholastic honor society (other than freshman honor societies) recognized by the Association of College Honor Societies. Successful completion of graduate education in law, or in a field related to law enforcement (e.g., criminal justice), or completion of one full year of graduate study (minimum of 18 semester or 27 graduate quarter hours). COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: If you do not qualify based on education or experience alone we will combine your education and experience in an attempt to satisfy the minimum general experience requirements, at the GL-5 level, for Deputy U.S. Marshal positions