? asked in 藝術與人文詩詞與文學 · 1 decade ago

想閱讀及學習一些優美英文詞句

想閱讀及學習一些優美英文詞句的話

可以參考或是閱讀哪些書籍呢?

英文原文的也可以

中文工具書也可以

或是英文散文、小說、短篇故事等等

請各位推薦

謝謝你們!!

Rating
  • Elisa
    Favorite Answer

想閱讀及學習一些優美英文詞句的話

可以參考或是閱讀哪些書籍呢?

請各位推薦

For beautifully written phrases, I would recommend

“Wuthering Heights ” by Emily Bronte

http://www.kingstone.com.tw/english/book_page.asp?...

“Gone with the Wind” by Margaret Mitchell

These are some of the phrases beautifully written:

Wuthering Heights:

He little imagined how my heart warmed towards him when I beheld his black eyes withdraw so suspiciously under their brows

Even the gate over which he leant manifested no sympathizing movement to the worfs, and I think that circumstance determined me to accept the invitation; I felt interested in a man who seemed more exaggeratedly reserved than myself.

Gone with the Wind:

In her face were too sharply blended the delicate features of her mother, a Coast aristocrat of French descent, and the heavy ones of her florid Irish father.

Outside, the late afternoon sun slanted down in the yard, throwing into gleaming brightness the dogwood trees that solid masses of white blossoms against the background of new green.

The moist hungry earth, waiting upturned for the cotton seeds, showed pinkish on the sandy tops of furrows, vermilion and scarlet and maroon where shadows lay along the sides of the trenches.

2009-05-24 10:47:09 補充:

Yes, I did think of Shakespeare, but his work is mostly plays and sonnets. I would think that most recent writers' novels would fit the asker's need more.

2009-05-24 11:13:47 補充:

In addition, it would be easier to learn how to write beautiful phrases from more recent writers than from Shakespeare (whose writing was in early Modern English).

2009-05-24 11:14:03 補充:

For example, in "As you like it", he wrote:

As I remember, Adam, it was upon this fashion

bequeathed me by will but poor a thousand crowns,

and, as thou sayest, charged my brother, on his

blessing, to breed me well: and there begins my

sadness.

Source(s): Myself. Went abroad at age 11. With 32 years experience speaking and writing English. Tutored English as an Undergrad. A project manager in the US since 1992
  • eleven

莎翁的書也是學語句的好來源,

裡頭一大堆生活中常聽到的句子--

雖然我只記得 To be or not to be