Haris asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

What is the difference between Microsoft WIndows XP Professional service pack 1,2 and 3 ?

i have upgraded my service pack 2 to service pack 3. but don't have seen any the difference.

Can anyone tell me ???

Favorite Answer

Windows Service Packs (SPs) only provide the operating system with bug fixes, security updates, and patches to improve the overall stability of the operating system. You will not notice any significant changes in using Windows XP. Windows XP is still the same operating system, no matter what Service Pack is installed. Each service pack updates critical system files to make them more secure. If you install Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) it will install every update and security patch ever since Windows XP was first released, decreasing your system's vulnerability to viruses, spyware, and many other forms of malware.

Good Luck. Hope this helps. Email me for more assistance.

Source(s): my brain

I'll just answer your questions first: 1) Yes, there are. I've personally tested it. Also, if you're a gamer, you might have even more problems as there are some conflicts between the updates and some video cards. They might have been fixed by drivers by now, but I still wouldn't recommend it. 2) "SP3 includes all previously released Windows XP updates, including security updates, hotfixes, and select out-of-band releases." So yes, SP3 is indeed better than SP2 when it comes to security. Although there are some updates that are really good in terms of security, you can't just rely on windows for that matter. 3) There might be. For some people it works better, for some, it doesn't. I personally thought it was exactly the same, the only difference being that I had some problems with it. 4) Bullcrap. You should always get the Service Pack for IT professionals. You don't have to be a big shot programmer to find use for it. Just get that, always, even if you decide to use SP 3. The lesser version lacks a lot of things. All in all, if you're not planning to use the PC NON-stop and for all sort of crap, like me, you can get SP3. But you might find some games not to work anymore, or you might come across some odd stuff. They say it's worth it, I say it's not. I like to keep it simple. If you're not satisfied with SP2, you can try it out, but I doubt it.

Most of service pack 3 is only minor security fixes and updates. The only major update that I know of is Internet Explorer 8. It is worth the update just to keep your operating system stable and up-to-date.

security or an attempt at it

fixing bugs gliutches little things you dont see or shouldnt see but some people do because theyre b4stards

its not like a new version like xp to vista its just like a firmware update or patch. idk if that even makes sense!?!??!

Security and program fixes, of which you will actually see no changes!

it helps fix security problems

Source(s): personal experience

:-)