Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 decade ago

If I am here in the United States with TPS (Temporary Protected Status) can I still apply to get a green card?

3 Answers

  • Fred S
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    It depends on how you entered. A person can qualify for TPS whether they entered without inspection or they were admitted by a border officer. TPS status does not lead to permanent resident status, but some TPS people can become permanent residents if they somehow qualify.

    An individual may be eligible for TPS if he or she is a national of a country designated by the Attorney General for TPS, or if the individual is a person who has no nationality but last habitually resided in a designated country.

    Those who were inspected and admitted by a border officer and later applied for TPS can apply for adjustment of status. If you were not inspected and admitted or paroled into the U.S., you are not eligible to adjust status. You would need to apply for a visa outside the U.S., but you eventually could become a permanent resident.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • mink
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

    standards: the uncomplicated skills for enlistment in the U.S. military incorporate: • being from 17 to 40 two years previous • be a U.S. citizen or resident alien, (ought to have the I-551) • have a extreme college degree or equivalent (which contains a GED) • be single without babies or married with 2 or much less babies • bypass the ASVAB attempt and • bypass the actual it fairly is freaking unhappy that the US military has bumped off this documents on their very own website. SSG US military seventy 3-80 two

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.