Whats the difference between Pokemon Fire Red and the original Red Version?

i know that fire red has better graphics and there no rare candy glitch, but other than that, are there major differences between the two games?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The major differences between the games are:

-FireRed contains 9 extra islands known as the Sevii Islands which can first be accessed after obtaining the 8th gym. Two of those islands can only be accessed through Nintendo Events.

-The Pokemon in FireRed have genders and IV's and can gain EV's (if you don't know what these are and you aren't into competitive battling don't worry about them)

-Pokemon can be bred once you gain access to one of the Sevii Islands.

-There are certain people spread around the game known as Move Tutors who teach certain moves to certain Pokemon, there is also a Move Rememberer who can teach any move that a Pokemon could have learned at an earlie level and a Move Deleter who can delete HM moves from a Pokemon.

-Some Johto Pokemon may be caught, bred or evolved into after beating the Elite Four and obtaining the National Dex.

-The Elite Four becomes stronger after obtaining the National Dex.

-Moltres can be caught before Victory Road.

-Much more Bag Space than Red

-Different TM set

-Not as glitchy than Red.

-Comes with a Wireless Adapter that allows Communication with Pokemon LeafGree, Emerald and other FireRed Cartridges.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, I'll edit it if I remember any more.

~Death

Source(s): Played both Red and FireRed
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Whats the difference between Pokemon Fire Red and the original Red Version?

i know that fire red has better graphics and there no rare candy glitch, but other than that, are there major differences between the two games?

Source(s): whats difference pokemon fire red original red version: https://shortly.im/HN35U
  • 3 years ago

Pokemon Firered Version

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Sevi Islands

Get Pokemon from Gold, Silver, and Crystal

Battle Tower

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

There are some like the ability to catch johto and hoenn pokemon. There is also the sevii islands and the battle tower. Also the wireless adapters which allow wireless contact.

Source(s): I have the game.
  • Lisa
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/Q6caf

* Players can now play as a female character, as well as choosing to play as the male character that was default in Generation I. * Music has been tuned up to take advantage of the Game Boy Advance's power; however, the themes themselves remain the same. * As in all Generation III games, Pokémon now have natures, abilities, genders, and can hold items. * Pokémon retain their Generation II and III evolutionary lines (e.g. Golbat can evolve into Crobat), but cannot evolve into these stages until the player has obtained the National Pokédex. * Magnemite and Magneton are Electric/Steel, as they were in Generation II as well as Ruby and Sapphire. * A new southern region, the Sevii Islands, is accessible, where Generation II Pokémon can be caught. * Pokémon can breed in the Pokémon daycare in Four Island as well as still having access to the Pokémon daycare on Route 5. * Trainers outdoors can be rebattled using the Vs Seeker. * Information on major characters, e.g. Gym Leaders, are stored in the Fame Checker. * Pokémon movelists are updated to include moves introduced in Generation II and Generation III. * The TM list is shared with other Generation III games. * Move tutors become available to teach moves formerly contained in Generation I TMs. * The Elite Four can be re-battled and get Generation II Pokémon on their teams in addition to Generation I Pokémon after the Sevii Islands quest has been completed. * Version-exclusive Pokémon and wild Pokémon distribution have been altered from the original games to account for new evolutions released in Generation II. * Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant, and Hydro Cannon are available as move tutor moves to the Kanto starters' final forms. * Deoxys debuts two new forms: Attack Forme (FireRed) and Defense Forme (LeafGreen). * Team Rocket has an expanded role in the game's post-Elite storyline, with a new base in the Sevii Islands. * Battles with wild legendary Pokémon Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and Mewtwo feature a remixed battle theme. * In non-Japanese versions, the dialogues are colored, depending if it is from a male or female, being the colors blue and red, respectively. In dialogues from other sources, such as signs, the text remains black. * A help feature was added, and can be viewed by pressing the L or R buttons of the console.

• 1 decade ago

WELL red is just RED, fire red is FIREEEEEE REDDD!

Source(s): i know
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.