Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

History Project??????Due Tomarrow!!!!!!!!! HAVNT STARTED?

okay I was sick from school and i just found out about our history project that was assigned last monday and i just got that papers for it today and i need some help! Okay i only have a couple hours untill basketball practice and i have to finish befour it! I need to know the birth/death dates, one good thing they did, and any extra information about these people (7th grade history)

Thurcydides,

Plato,

Homer,

Heron,

Hypatia,

&

Herodatus..

I cant look up on google becaue i have to cut stuff out and so much more for it right now and i dont have alot of time so thank you so much and if you do that i will DEFINATLY give you BEST AWNSER! :) Thank you soo soo much

Wow your stupid.

when u WASTED urs and my time writing all that ur were probably like omg this is gonna be so cool lik OMG IM SO COOL for writing this!! (sad) IDIOT hahah wow ur dumb (1st 2 ppl)

Favorite Answer

Thurcydides - c. 460 B.C. – c. 395 B.C. was a Greek Historian and author of the History of the Peloponnesian War, which recounts the 5th century B.C. war between Sparta and Athens to the year 411 B.C. Thucydides has been dubbed the father of "scientific history" due to his strict standards of evidence-gathering and analysis in terms of cause and effect without reference to intervention by the gods, as outlined in his introduction to his work.

Plato - 428/427 BC – 348/347 BC was a Classical Greek philosopher, mathematician, writer of philosophical dialogues, and founder of the Academy in Athens, the first institution of higher learning in the Western world. Along with his mentor, Socrates, and his student, Aristotle, Plato helped to lay the foundations of natural philosophy, science, and Western philosophy.

Homer- you will have to look at Wikepedia for this guy as there's no birth/death date as modern scholars believe he was fictional.

Hypatia- born between AD 350 and 370 – 415) was a Greek scholar from Alexandria in Egypt, considered the first notable woman in mathematics, who also taught philosophy and astronomy.She lived in Roman Egypt, and was killed by a Christian mob who blamed her for religious turmoil. Some suggest that her murder marked the end of the Hellenistic Age, although others observe pagan philosophy continued to flourish until the age of Justinian in the sixth century.

Herodotus- Herodotus of Halicarnassus was a Greek historian who lived in the 5th century BC (c. 484 BC–c. 425 BC) and is regarded as the "Father of History" in Western culture. He was the first historian known to collect his materials systematically, test their accuracy to a certain extent and arrange them in a well-constructed and vivid narrative.

Now these are just some information regarding these people, except Heron you'll have to find him. The Wikipedia sites are below so look them up and get some more info as what I've given you won't get you great marks. Happy hunting.

So not only are you a procrastinator, your lazy too. I'm so sorry you were sick and didn't have the forethought to ask a classmate to get your homework for you...but then you wouldn't have been lazy then now would you? And if basketball is so important, why are you worried about this? Go, have fun, after all I'm sure you can say I failed but at least the team didn't suffer.

Why do you think people are gonna do your school work for you when you can't even be arsed to do it yourself.

LAZY LAZY LAZY LAZY LAZY LAZY LAZY LAZY, get my point?