Killing/Severe Pain Post Root Canal?

I have just completed root canal treatment (second session) for one of my back lower teeth today. I felt very comfortable after the procedure and asked the doctor if I should be expecting anything. He simply said (during the first few days, you will feel some discomfort, a little bit of pain maybe, but that is... show more I have just completed root canal treatment (second session) for one of my back lower teeth today. I felt very comfortable after the procedure and asked the doctor if I should be expecting anything.

He simply said (during the first few days, you will feel some discomfort, a little bit of pain maybe, but that is normal and will pass... I prefer you not take anything unless badly needed, which is not expected).

Less than two hours after the procedure, killing pain starts within the very tooth and increases - it's basically killing me and also killing my ear.

I take ipo-brufin - it settles very slightly - but does not go away.

5 hours afterwards (which is two hours and a half ago) i take ipo-brufin again, and also settles the pain very slightly. So I go to sleep.

Now i wake up with the pain killlllllllllling me again, and I do not know what to do.

It's midnight here.

Is this normal?????????? Noting that my dr. said some (discomfort and slight pain) - How can i deal with the pain?
1 answer 1