C B
C B asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Should the Federal Government refund the taxes states pay enough to balance budgets?

Instead money give aways to the banks and UAW and auto industries.

I believe the states could put the money to better use.

What do you think?

Favorite Answer

Absolutely. States provide more to each citizen than the Fed anyway, so they would have a much better chance at spending the money where it would actually have affect.

Montana, Texas, and Tennessee are about to challenge the Fed to a stare-down, and my money is on the States. If they succeed, the Fed will be forced to the children's' table while the States reassert their rightful sovereignty.

You are right of course but I still have one question that has bothered me since the beginning of all this financial crisis: How can all the states go broke at the same time???

I know, there are one or two states that are doing okay but really the other 48 all at the same time. Do all state governments has the same stupid account...

of course they could but the Fed has a big head and a needy hand.

EDIT ggraves1724 solve that riddle and you will undertsand what conspiracy theorist have been warning about for years.

How is this fair to states with little or no deficits?