T
Lv 6

Y&R: Who is this Raul person?

I know I have seen him on here before but I cant think on who he is. I keep thinking he has something to do with JT, Colleen, and all of them but I can't figure out who he actually is. Wait I keep on thinking more and more about it while typing, I may be wrong but was he that Britney girls boyfriend when Colleen and JT was dating?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Belle
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Raul was involved with JT, Colleen, Brittney & Bobby awhile back. His character had diabetes complications too.

Here's more from wikipedia.org on David Lago:

David Scott Lago (born January 18, 1979 in Downey, California) is an Emmy Award-winning American actor. He is best known for playing Raul Guittierez on The Young and the Restless from 1999 to 2004. He has also had a recurring role on 7th Heaven.

He was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award in 2000, 2001, 2003, and 2004, before finally winning in 2005, his last year on the soap. He had not prepared a speech, so he left the audience stunned by simply repeating a line from the film Catch Me If You Can about two mice falling into a bucket of cream.

He also won a Young Artist Award in 2000 for his portrayal of Raul, having previously been nominated in 1999 for his role in the short-lived television series, Hollywood Safari.

In late October 2008, Lago rumored up for the role of Dante Falconeri, the son of Olivia Falconeri and Sonny Corinthos, on ABC's General Hospital.

In April 2009, it was announced that David would be returning to The Young and the Restless in May 2009.

Here's more about the character Raul:

Raul Evan Guittierez is a fictional character in the American soap opera The Young and the Restless. He was played by David Lago from August 2, 1999 to August 13, 2004. Raul returned on May 22, 2009.

Character's background

Raul, who had lived in Genoa City all his life, came from a large, poor Cuban family and was Billy Abbott's best friend from his grade school years. While attending Walnut Grove Academy, which Raul could only afford to attend via a scholarship, he became friends with Mackenzie Browning (Ashley Bashioum), Rianna Miner (Rianna Loving), J.T. Hellstrom (Thad Luckinbill) and Brittany Hodges (Lauren Woodland). Raul fell in love with Mackenzie and they began dating, but it wasn't long before Mac left Raul for Billy, thus destroying Raul and Billy's friendship. Raul soon started seeing Rianna.

Raul was then diagnosed with diabetes after having a seizure at the Abbott poolhouse. Rianna (now played by Alexis Thorpe) stayed by his side at the hospital. After being released from hospital, Raul seemed to cope well with his illness, but lapsed into a diabetic coma after overdosing on insulin. When he awoke, he tried to break it off with Rianna "for her own good", but she convinced him to stay with her. When Raul discovered that she had lost her virginity to J.T. when they were together, he demanded sex. Rianna was furious with Raul, and dumped him.

The pressure of his illness, failed relationships and school, coupled with the expectations his family and friends had for him, caused Raul to lash out at everyone, and soon his grades began to slip, canceling out his dreams of becoming the first in his family to attend college. Soon Raul's brother, Diego (Diego Serrano) arrived in town intending to help Raul through his problems, but Raul resented his brother for running away from the family, leaving Raul with all the responsibilities. Raul eventually got his life back on track.

Raul and Brittany began dating. Brittany, who had only ever had boys interested in her for her appearance, dumped Raul, for fear that she was falling in love. Raul eventually convinced her to be with him. Raul and Brittany's relationship was going well, and Raul stood up for Billy (then Ryan Brown) at his wedding to Mac (then Kelly Kruger). On Billy and Mac's wedding night, they discovered that they were, in fact, cousins. The marriage was annulled and they both left town, devastated, leaving Raul and Brittany broke. Desperate, they rented the spare room in the loft to J.T.

Raul's relationship with Brittany was dealt a devastating blow when she was offered a job stripping at Bobby Marsino's (John Enos) gentlemen's club. Brittany soon fell for Bobby and dumped Raul. Raul left Genoa City for Boston, having won a scholarship to the prestigious Pemberton College.

• 1 decade ago

He was friends with Mac, Billy, JT on the show. He was one of the good guys!!

• 1 decade ago

I think Raul dated Mac in the past.

As far Estella's nephew, that is Rafe.

• 1 decade ago

He does Raul went with Britney , Raul had a crush on Mac years ago, but Billy ruined that chance and now Raul is back for payback!

Raul Guittierez lived in Genoa City all his life. He came from a large poor family of Cuban descent. Raul and Billy Abbott have been friends since they were in grade school together. They lost touch for several years when Billy moved to New York City with his father John.

Raul and Billy were reunited when Billy moved back to town as a teenager to stay with his mother Jill. Billy Abbott, Brittany Hodges, MacKenzie Browning, J.T. Hellstrom, Rianna Miner, and Raul were friends as they attended Walnut Grove Academy. Straight-A student Raul was only able to attend the expensive private school due to a scholarship. When we first met Rianna, she was dating "bad boy" J.T. exclusively, but he had a roving eye and treated her pretty shabbily. Her best friend the snobby rich girl, Brittany, also had dated J.T. just prior. Snobby rich girl Brittany snagged the Jabot heir Billy Abbott as her boyfriend. Raul developed a crush on Mackenzie Browning, granddaughter of Katherine Chancellor. He was falling in love, but Mac just wanted to be friends. They dated and enjoyed a nice relationship for several months. Raul saved best friend Billy's life when Billy suffered from alcohol poisoning and collapsed in the snow at a party at JT's, as neither Brittany nor JT was willing to call 9-1-1 and get themselves in trouble. Unbeknownst to Raul, Mac and Billy secretly developed feelings for each other. When Mac realized what was happening she broke it off with Raul, who blamed himself for being too forward one evening. When Raul eventually was told about Billy and Mac's secret relationship, he exploded at them for keeping it from him for so long. His friendship with Billy was destroyed.

Billy, Brittany, Raul, and Rianna were chosen as the Glo by Jabot Kids, a summer promotion for the new Jabot teen line. Mac, a runaway afraid that her mother Amanda would find her if she were seen, chose to assist Phyllis Summers running the Glo By Jabot website. Everyone got to witness Raul and Rianna get together, share their first kiss at the Abbotts' poolside, and fall in love live on the website. Slowly, he and Rianna began to realize they had feelings for each other and explored a sweet romance. Their relationship seemed like it would last forever.

Source(s): There you go (LOL)
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Raul is from back in the day cant remember everything about him but that he was with britney i think.

• 1 decade ago

well, all i know about him is that he dated mac in the past. hes the guy that mac was talking about today when she said she fell in love since billy.

i also read in a SPOILER ....

that mac and raul get engaged.

• 1 decade ago

Yea, they were all best friends & did a summer thing w/Jabot.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

OH I THOUGHT YOU SAID RAFE...........MY BAD..............

i dunno about him being Britney's boyfriend but i do know that he is Estella's nephew.

i also know that he may be gay. rumor has it that he and Adam were susposed to kiss. the guy playing adam now quit and he will be recast by Michael Muhney.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.