Can you sue workman's compensation?

I’ve been told and read on a blog somewhere that if workman’s compensation is negligent with your case, you can sue them. What exactly constitutes neglect? My experience with workman’s comp has been horrible to say the least. They kept me from seeing a doctor on an accepted/closed claim for over a year. The... show more I’ve been told and read on a blog somewhere that if workman’s compensation is negligent with your case, you can sue them. What exactly constitutes neglect? My experience with workman’s comp has been horrible to say the least. They kept me from seeing a doctor on an accepted/closed claim for over a year. The reason that they closed my claim was I forgot to go to my final doctor’s appointment (I was insanely busy with a double major in college and still continuing to work..I eventually left my job because I could no longer do the lifting required because of my injury). No one followed up with me and they closed it…problem was, I was still in pain. I thought after they closed it I was screwed so I sought treatment on my own until I was told that workman’s comp should be paying for it.

When I finally had permission after a year of asking, they switched adjusters on me twice. And I had to get new approval each time they changed adjusters. Once I finally saw a specialist (who said it was the same work injury), workman’s comp then said I was lying about my pain and denied any medical EVEN after I went on my own and saw a second specialist who said that the pain is related to my work injury. So that’s two doctors saying yes, it’s from the work injury and workman’s comp saying there is not enough medical evidence.

Not only this, but when the claim was at first accepted, they kept me from receiving benefits after I had been approved for receiving benefits for over 30 days (so I basically had no money for food, rent, etc). I was in college, broke, so it’s not like I had any savings. My adjuster kept saying he mailed out check after check, but nothing ever came. He said they could not do direct deposit until I went around him to a supervisor and found out they could.

They also failed to pay doctor bills that went to collections and on my credit report (took me a while to clear that up).

So do I just get the short end of the stick here, or can I sue them?
Update: mbrcatz : College = sitting and thinking. I was in horrible pain even doing that (this was a back injury) and would have to leave class constantly.
The problem with my benefits is that he lied about sending the checks out. Out of 6 mailed, 0 arrived. That's ZERO.
Don't be such an a**.