Do You Have An Awesome Recipe For Sticky Toffee Pudding With Out The Dates?

I have fallen in love with sticky toffee pudding. I enjoy it so much, I have been wanting to make sticky toffee pudding, which is described as 'warm brown sugar cake with sticky toffee sauce.' Sound great right? Well trying to find a recipe has been a pain. Most recipes call for dates which I don't... show more I have fallen in love with sticky toffee pudding. I enjoy it so much, I have been wanting to make sticky toffee pudding, which is described as 'warm brown sugar cake with sticky toffee sauce.' Sound great right? Well trying to find a recipe has been a pain.
Most recipes call for dates which I don't want. I would just leave them out, except the instructions say to put them in water with baking soda. I think that just leaving them out of the recipe will alter the turn-out of the cake and I don't want to do that.

SO, could anyone offer me, a tried-and-true recipe of sticky toffee pudding?

Please don't just find a recipe online and paste it in here. I am looking for a recipe that has been tried by you, and will guarantee me a great cake.

Thanks!