Do You Have An Awesome Recipe For Sticky Toffee Pudding With Out The Dates?

I have fallen in love with sticky toffee pudding. I enjoy it so much, I have been wanting to make sticky toffee pudding, which is described as 'warm brown sugar cake with sticky toffee sauce.' Sound great right? Well trying to find a recipe has been a pain.

Most recipes call for dates which I don't want. I would just leave them out, except the instructions say to put them in water with baking soda. I think that just leaving them out of the recipe will alter the turn-out of the cake and I don't want to do that.

SO, could anyone offer me, a tried-and-true recipe of sticky toffee pudding?

Please don't just find a recipe online and paste it in here. I am looking for a recipe that has been tried by you, and will guarantee me a great cake.

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Sticky Toffee Pudding

Brown Sugar - 200g

Butter- 2 tbsp

Eggs - 2

Self Raising Flour - 200g

Toffee Sauce

Double Cream - 175ml

Butter- 2 tbsp

Brown Sugar - 200g

Whipped Cream - Dollop

Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4.

Find a round cake tin and grease.

Put the butter and sugar into a bowl and mix well, add the eggs and flour, continue to mix.

Add the mixture to the cake tin and place in the oven for 35-40 minutes

About 10 minutes before the end of the cooking you can start the make the toffee sauce

To make the sauce, melt the butter slowly in a saucepan, stir in the sugar and cream, bring to the boil stirring all the time

Bring down the heat and simmer for a few minutes.

Finally, remove the pudding, pour over the sticky toffee sauce and serve with the whipped cream.

Serves: 4-5.

Total Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes

Total Cooking Time: 35-40 minutes

Source(s): My cookbook
  • kotzur

I hate dates with a fondness yet stumbled on that in case you persevere with a sticky-toffee pudding recipe yet spend particularly time reducing the dates extremely finely into only approximately a paste you do no longer understand they are there. i anticipate which you would be waiting to truly do a sponge pudding mixture and use muscovado sugar somewhat of caster to grant it particularly darkness and flavour.