Slow Microsoft Word Typing...?

I am using Microsoft Word 2007. When I type, the letters come on the screen seconds slow and it is very annoying. It is the same situation with the return key and the backspace key. Everything else works smoothly and fast... Thanks for your help.

Favorite Answer

Pound to a penny first, you are using a wireless keyboard!

Every press of any key, that pulse has to be turned into a radio signal, transmitted to the receiver, turned back into a pulse and then sent to the computer to be processed.

This mostly happens when the batteries are going flat. Also try pressing the Retune button or even the Reset underneath.

Also check the Keyboard in the Control Panel. Put the Repeat Delay to Short and the Repeat Rate to Fast.

Source(s): Experienced1

Something is taking up all of the processor time. This could be your anti-virus program (eg., it might be scanning your hard drive), another application that is monitoring what you type, or you might be using the latest version of Word, which is using up more processing memory than you computer can cope with. Solution: Use a different word processor, make sure you don't have something nasty on your pc, or buy more memory for your computer. Frankly, the less you rely on Microsoft products the better!

Hi,

In my opinion Ccleaner is the number one tool for cleaning your pc. I've been using it for more then a year now and it works very well. You can grab your free copy here http://j.mp/UrADZ5

It's a very simple and nice software.

Hope it helps.

My Math Teacher, Mr. D, had this happen to him so me and the schools IT fixed it. For him it was spyware that was slowing his down. Try running a sweep with your anti-spyware program. If you don't have one, try a program our IT uses, Malware Bytes, it's free, and very effective. Good Luck! Here's the link to the download http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware...

What you need is a faster RAM,

The amount of RAM you have can change how fast your pc runs. Also get ccCleaner (a registry error cleaner,)

Good Luck

http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/82617...

There's a bunch of different steps to try, it could be any one of them.

If everything else is running smooth, then it's not your RAM, it's something that has to do with that particular application, not your computer's speed.

Good luck ;)

i just reinstalled it

if this doesnt help i just format my PC using my XP CD rom

maybe your words file is too big ...

Type faster. DUH