Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Why won't Republicans just admit that deep down inside they really like Obama?

Come on guys, be honest. You know that you really like the job he's doing, love his eloquent articulate manner, and love his leadership skills. He makes Bush seem like a bumbling idiot.

Favorite Answer

Yes I have heard the exact same, I have heard republicans say that Obama is a great man and a better President. I have also heard them say in secrecy that McCain was an angry out of touch old man and they just laughed at Palin and shook their heads. They are still shaking their heads at Michael Steele and his boot licking of Rushs boots.

• JEFF S

Bush was far better than this guy. This one doesn't have a clue. There is no reason for what he does and he is all talk and no action. Spending trillions in one blow? What is so smart about that? Changing the best healthcare system in the world? What's up with that? Raising taxes on the rich? Why? Oh I know, how stupid of me. So there will be no more jobs, right? Buying up Banks, Auto companies and Mortgage companies? Now at the same time there are wars going on in the world and terrorists regrouping and planning their next attack while all you guys are cheering all this dumbness on and still blaming Bush for everything. Where is the logic here? There is no logic. We are all living in a dream world. Read Revelation chapter 14 15 16 and 17. We are just about there now.

I don't want a president I "like." I want one who knows what he is doing, loves his country as it was established and is able to make decisions independent of special interest groups, i.e. in the best interest of the American people. If Obama ever becomes that person , I promise you I will support him. Until that time, I do not. He is a figurehead much like the current leader of Russia.

he is a bumbling idiot they are equal in the running i have to admit, bush was a loveable guy..so silly and stupid at times..but obama..way too much polish you never know what those evil eyes are thinking or planning..i dont like him..and thats from way way down...

• CODA

YOU MEAN O"BUSHMA?.HE LOOKS IN THE MIRROR EVERY MORNING AND THINKS TO HIMSELF,"I WANNA BE LIKE BUSH".HE EVEN EMULATED HIS IDOL AND GOT A DOG.GETTING IT FOR HIS KIDS WAS JUST A FRONT STORY.HE IS REALLY GOOD AT THOSE UP FRONT STORIES THAT COVER UP HIS REAL INTENTIONS.

smokin' in California, are you? dream on, Princess O is one of the worst jokes to come out of the dem party since Clinton.

I don't have anything against him as a person, I don't really know him. As someone in power, no!

Honestly it's just not so.

He's got Hollywood good looks, and is bright & articulate, and has an almost fun way about him. That qualifies him to be an excellent prom date. But he is a polar opposite of any Republican (Conservative) ideology as they come, (OK there's Pelosi!).

He has a politician's ability to speak and make everyone seem to hear what they wish to hear.

Just because he is not Bush, does not make him a plausible replacement for him.

They'll admit their love for Obama when people like you admit your love for Bush. :-D

Well, I am not a Republican, or a democrat. But I do want to address your question.

Yes, he is very articulate. But that is all I have seen from him. Well, he gave congress carte blanche for spending. Other than that, where is the leadership? What has he actually done? He said he would close Gitmo, but it is still open. He cant close it until he figures out what to do with the people there. They are still POW's.

Yes Bush was a bumbling idiot. But so far, I can only say that Obama is a charlatan, a magician, making it look like something magical is happening, but in reality its just smoke and mirrors.

Source(s): So obviously nobody can actually name one of these great deeds, they can only thumb down people who disagree.

In the words of Don McClean: "Partners waltz, devoid of all romance.

The music plays and everyone must dance."

To make any such admission as you prescribe, Republican sycophants would be following such McClean advice as: "For I cannot be part of the cocktail generation. I'm bowing out. I need a second chance."

US Republican sycophants don't possess the courage, the venture, and certainly not the genius of a McClean. As such, they're really not needed. I prefer to live in the real - not the fake.