Should I join Jehovah Witnesses based on what I read in Watchtower 35 years ago?

About 35 years ago when I was in grade school, I found a Watchtower magazine in my house. No doubt a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses visited the house and left a copy. I glanced through it; it was mostly illustrations which reads like a comic strip. First panel showed a church; the doors were opened, then each... show more About 35 years ago when I was in grade school, I found a Watchtower magazine in my house. No doubt a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses visited the house and left a copy. I glanced through it; it was mostly illustrations which reads like a comic strip. First panel showed a church; the doors were opened, then each subsequent panel follows as if you were entering the church, walking up the aisle as you approach the altar. Then (through "speak bubbles") you read "By the power invested in me I now pronounce..." you realize a wedding going on.You turn the page, the words appear "husband and husband", and you see two men dressed as grooms kiss each other before a traditional priest. As a kid, that shocked me at first then I thought it was funny. Anyways, the rest of the article warns that society is fast approaching the decadence of Sodom and Gomorrah, and Jehovah's judgment will be harsh - many will suffer from man-made and natural calamities. At that time this made an impact on me but I thought there was no way a man could marry another man so there's really nothing to worry about. But, now as gay marriage is becoming a reality, I wonder about whats been happening the past few years - the killer typhoons, hurricanes, endless wars, economic crisis, endless wars, terrorism, climate change, etc. I have to admit that Awake magazine I read long ago is spooking me now. When you think about it, gay marriage never existed anywhere in human history (note I am talking about same sex marriage; not homosexuality itself), so I am now thinking that we are going to be like Sodom and Gomorrah. I'm thinking of joining the nearest Kingdom Hall. What do you think?