Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What is the easiest way to apply for a job with the United States Postal Service?

I am currently in the US Army, but will soon be getting out. I know that the Postal Service likes to hire Veterans of War. I have been doing some web searching, and have found job postings on hot-wire and other job search websites, but i don't want to go through them. I just wanna apply straight through the Postal Service. I am currently deployed so walking into a post office is not an option. Any help would be great.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

usps.gov and apply where it says jobs select your state and you will be sent info on taking the test for what you apply for. don't trust any other sites only www.usps.gov. good luck it takes about a yr for testing and for them to call you.

• rtfm
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Here's the official site to search for jobs:

http://www.usps.com/employment/welcome.htm?from=ho...

(Note that the USPS is not a government organization. Contrary to what a previous poster said, the official site is not usps.GOV, it is usps.COM)

Keep in mind that the Post Office these days is laying off long-time employees and closing down distribution centers all over the country. Working for the Post Office no longer provides the guaranteed long-term job security it used to.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.