Why was my facebook account deleted?

This happened to a friend. I could not find her by searching in my friends, and she could not log in as neither her log-in nor her password were recognized. Any idea of how to get in touch with FB to see whether and why her account was deleted?

• Favorite Answer

A lot of accounts were deleted because of the name. If you had a name that sounded fake or was impersonating a celebrity, they deleted it.

Names like Batman, Susan Boyle... etc.

Deleted Facebook Account

• gilroy

Facebook Deleted My Account

Sometimes Facebook accounts are deleted because they appear fake. Sometimes Facebook just seems to delete accounts for the heck of it. I should know because my mom, cousins, and a couple of my friends had accounts but they all got deleted without any warning. They never posted anything inappropriate, posted that much, poked anyone, joined no more than 5 groups, or commented or liked anything that much.

Source(s): A girl who's seen many accounts deleted

Email Facebook and enquire as to why it's been deleted- my first Facebook account was deleted, and it told me to contact an administrator. Apparently the reason was that I had not registered with a high school, so I'm assuming I had a set amount of time to do so, which I was unaware of; so they banned my account.

I'd email them. I believe there is a help link at the bottom of the homepage which should help you.

Source(s): Facebook/personal experience

well either your account got deleted because of innapropriat content, but usually it would not get deleted rather you would get an email saying to remove it soon. my guess is that somebody phished your account username and password and then changed all your info. did you get ANY emails from facebook asking you to login to replay to a comment or view new pictures or from sombody asking you to check out their account and it brought you to a login page? that would mean your account got phished.

I never knew that it can be automatically deleted,But it can be deleted...You can deactivate your account here:https://register.facebook.com/editaccount.php?ref=...

Sorry I can't help you,Maybe he/she deleted it...If you want he/she to have an account again...Make a new yahoo account and start a new face book account that is so easy...

If she has uploaded inappropriate pics her account will be suspended for a few days...should have a message in the inbox of the email address she provided

Source(s): happened to a friend

cuz u either put inapproprote pics up or did somethink inappropiate

Here are the things that (supposedly) will get you kicked off Facebook:

1. You didn't use your real name

Don't try to use a nickname (or initials)in lieu of the name on your birth certificate, because Facebook will find you and spit you out.

2. You joined too many groups

Remember that the maximum limit is 200 groups per user. More than that just looks desperate, don't you think?

3. You posted too many messages on a wall or in a group

Even Guy Kawasaki had his account disabled--in his case for "excessive evangelism."

4. You posted in too many groups, too many user's walls

You may be axed for being too verbose in too many places. That's what spammers do, silly. On Facebook it is better--or at least safer--to be seen than heard.

5. You friended too many people

Not so long ago this was a prime cause of disabled accounts, but Facebook has instituted a maximum of 5000 friends that should protect you from yourself.

6. Your school/organization affiliation is doubtful

The overlords are sometimes not very trusting, and they may accuse you of not graduating from Harvard (or Plum Senior High School). The impertinence! Better have your diploma ready.

7. You're poking too many people

We've heard this from multiple sources, and it's easy enough to avoid. Save the pokes for people you *really* like, as mum always said. But beware the odd FB app that pokes on your behalf.

8. For advertising your app on wall posts

The line between spam and self-promotion is a thin one, but let it be known that pimping your shiny new Facebook app is definitely considered SPAM.

9. Using duplicate text in multiple messages

Some people paste a generic welcome message into friend requests to save time. DON'T DO THIS! It makes you look like a spammer. (Ironically, pro spammers are probably randomizing their messages to avoid this trap)

10. You are a cow, dog, or library

Being a real person is not enough, you must be a homo sapien. Accounts have been deleted for cows, dogs and libraries.

11. You are under eighteen years old

According to one report a user's account was suspended when they suspected her of being under 18. She was required to enter a work email address to prove her maturity, at which point her account was reinstated. [note: other users have pointed out that being under 18 is fine if you're part of a High School group, though underage home schoolers have been told to bugger off]

12. You wrote offensive content

Reports of "sudden death" on accounts have been reported by users who were told they had posted offensive content, but were not provided details of the offense.

13. You scraped information off Facebook

They have a zero tolerance policy for page scraping (i.e. pulling content off their web pages via a script). Unfortunately, they don't have a reliable way of proving it's you who's doing the scraping (IP matching is probably as good as they can get), so you may find this a difficult charge to defend yourself against.