Whenever I start my computer i get this error message 'could not load or run "c:\Windows\system32\config\win.e?

win.exe....i could get rid of a similar mesage using uniblue registry booster. But no matter what I try, this message always appears when I start up my computer..I use a Windows Vista Basic........please help!!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

you have a missing file in the system32 which could cause viruses and steal your private info,i suggest you to reinstall windows XP,before you loose your private info.

• 1 decade ago

Some essential file windows needs to boot up has become corrupted, possibly because of a virus or just a simple glitch. Unfortunately there's not much you can do except recover your computer back to factory settings.

If you bought a brand name computer like HP, Compaq, Toshiba etc. There should be an automated rescue or recovery system. (With HP/Compaq you tap F10 or F11 while booting. With Toshiba you hold the 0 (zero) key while you power on the notebook. This may give you non-destructive recovery options (ie you won't lose your data) so it's worth a try. (check with your manufacturer's tech support if your model is different from the brands I mentioned, with regard to doing this).

Unfortunately, if a non-destructive recovery is impossible, you will have to factory restore your computer which will erase all your data... IF you have data essential to you, take your computer to a technician who can take your hard drive out and retrieve your data (typically around $99).

Best of luck!

• 1 decade ago

Type C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\win... into google it is usually caused by the deletion of a virus or a virus which currently resides on your computer if this is the case you can get

AVG free edition for free and it will remove the virus but if you just got rid of one get a good registry cleaner and it should stop that from popping up

It is or was most likely a trojan horse virus

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

This message has appeared due to the deleting of a system file you will have to reinstall windows.

One sec, have you deleted a virus by using an Antivirus?

This may have caused the problem and I recommend to remove the antivirus and find a new one

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ded
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

this is most probably a virus. Several viruses create a file called win.exe.

Here's one example:

http://www.securitystronghold.com/gates/delf-lc.ht...

So you could run Trend micro housecall on your computer (just enter it in google) It is an free online scanner. Use this and do not trust your local virus scanner anymore as the virus could have disabled it.

• 1 decade ago

insrt ur window cd in pc and recover the missing window file without formatting perivious version

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

if you have the vista disk from microsoft , put it in the drive re boot and select repair . it will take care of it . System 32 is your drivers.....

• 1 decade ago

One of your system file is corrupt.

Scan your drives with the following windows scanner.

It will repair all your files.

http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/scanner/eula.ht...

• warble
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.