LGBT: Ever feel ashamed of being gay?

posted this again since its not showing up in LGBT.

I accepted it, but ever since I found out my bro knew (yesterday), hes been making me feel ashamed of being gay. I haven't said a word to him. UGH!!!! I was tempted to wish I was straight but I couldn't. I love my boyfriend. Its so annoying. He knows and I feel SO WEIRD around him now. :(((( That dushbag was stalking me on Y!A the whole time laughing at all my questions and answers in LGBT. He was a freakin contact the whole time.I dont want to feel ashamed.

I tried talking about girls yesterday to throw him off. Whats weird is he knows so many guy celebs but hardly knew any girl celebs. i was talking about how hot these girls were and he had no idea who they were.

sorry...i had no idea there was a correct spelling for that. HHAhahaha

Best Answer

Though I have found pride, there is still that piece of me that is crying inside.

Source(s): Happy to educate you ^^ *nuzzles*

Not really embarrased more than ashamed really... Like I was doing judo with a friend who knows I'm gay we were litterally on top of each other that was rather awkward btw is your bro older or younger because the more older brothers you have the more chance of being gay apparantly

If this is the same brother who uses eyeliner, he sounds pretty open-minded to me. He may just be using this as a way to quiet you down or to show his cleverness, but hopefully it will only go that far.

Anyway, it can be a challenge to maintain one's composure when threats, ridicule or shaming are involved. But the truth is -- God loves us exactly as we are.

It is not, objectively, a shame to be gay...any more than it was a shame to be black in the United States in 1960. It's sad and annoying that there is still cultural bias against being gay, and we need to continue to work for change and transformation in attitudes and laws. But honestly, it's no more shameful to be gay than to be left-handed.

What really matters (regardless of what anyone thinks) is that you are a loving, trustworthy, fair, decent human being -- and you certainly are that, AJ.

i think your brother should support you instead of stalk you on the internet. that is quite immature. as for you being gay, be proud, not everyone has that privilege. your brother may be jealous of you, or possibly wants some ideas from you, so he is tracking your answers and questions. he could be trying to get a boyfriend himself, and must be quite jealous that you are able to accept yourself. i would ignore his ignorant comments, and just live life normally, as if we never discussed the matter.

alllllllllllll the timeeee......

trust me i've been through this bullshit everyday haha

but i'm mature enough...

1. your brother is an asshole

2. ignore his ridicouslness...

3. just be yourself and enjoy life because you live only one life and just persue your dreams and don't let people get to you even if they call you gay acept it don't just be fake around people that you want to act straight. BE YOURSELF & ENJOY YOUR LIFE.

4; Think about what is good in this world then pretending to be someone else.

5. Love your family love the ones that care about YOU the MOST.

Source(s): just me.

i've never been ashamed of who I am or what I am. If others don't like me for who I am- It's their problem. They probably don't really know me other than being gay. Their loss. Their is so much more about me that they aren't taking in consideration. Ashamed of who I am- never!

I'm not ashamed of being gay. I know my brothers tease me sometimes about it but I tease back or let it die because it dose not bother me. I'm actually happier knowing that I'm gay and have nothing to hide about it and I can be more of myself than putting up a false image

Yes, especially when I start to have feelings towards a girl. I get all paranoid that she'll start spreading it as a negative rumour about me if I ever do decide to confess my feelings to her. Eventually leading to everyone I care about and love hating me...

Otherwise, I'm okay... LOL

Yes, a lot of times. But all that means is i haven't fully accepted myself since i was raised homophobic and i'll overcome it someday.

It's not hypocrisy, it's just how some people are.

He also seems gay...i know that straight guys know much more about girl celebs than guys because obviously they are interested sexually and emotionally in girls! watch out, your bro could be gay too!

Sometimes only because the gay guys at my school are whores and they suck each others penis in the bathroom and hall ways and i just feel that people think i do the same which i dont.