Why do airsoft guns have an oranfe tip?

i just want to know because i read that cops shoot people because they cant see an orange tip. and the supressors and the flash hiders dont have orange tips. so im afraid to put one on because i dont want to get shot

Favorite Answer

The cops use the orange tip as a safety thing to them, when they see the orange tip they know the gun is fake. My friend has a air soft gun that looks so real its scary, One day me and him took it to the park for whatever reason we thought that was a good idea and someone called the cops, we had to give them our names and everything and since he wasn't 16 yet he got it taken and later his mom had to pick it up, my same friend again later got the cops called on him when he was 17 for having a real looking air soft gun, when the cops showed up he set it on the ground and kicked it to the cops, the cops wont shoot as long as you keep that gun down.

Source(s): Been there done that =)

Many of the airsoft guns look exactly like the real thing. The orange tip tell the cops it's not a real gun. It will only be an issue if you start waiving it around when the cops show up.

Cops may shoot if someone brandishes what appears to be a firearm at them. The orange tip is just one way to let them know it's not a real firearm. Maybe, if you can, keep the tip on and sub in the flash suppressors during matches. Or get some paint and just paint the suppressors orange yourself. And don't point it at any cops.

Guns are so realistic anyone who would start waving it around takes the chance of getting shot. A cop makes a spit second decision. when it comes to his/her life. What's to stop some one from painting orange on a real gun. People do foolish things and some pay for it with their life. Former Military Police.

Its okay if you put a supressor, you can always add a strip of orange tape around the supressor or around the gun...maybe the buttstock.

Source(s): Works for me, Airsoft is ban in my country...although its popular

to show that it is not a real gun. Dont be waving that thing at cops. Besides the suppressor does not do jack S**T for the airsoft gun

Source(s): airsoft gun owner

So that people know that its not real. Lol, just imagine going out with your air soft gun and having a cop gun you down.

Source(s): Oh sorry I just read the rest of your question...I don't think I helped much.

Oranfe