Has Dean become angel in the Supernatural season 4 finale?

What was the whole sworn to obedience all about?

Favorite Answer

I love your name...66seals so cool *smiles*

Okay here's the gist, in episode 21 'When the Levee breaks' when

Dean yells for Castiels help he swears his alliegence to God and the Angels as seen below...

"Castiel stares back seriously. “I give myself over wholly to serve God, and you guys,” Dean says finally, walking back over to face Castiel."

Bobby puts it into simpler terms...

"“Now correct me if I’m wrong,” Bobby begins, “But you willingly signed up to be the angels’ *****?” Dean gives him a look. “I’m sorry. You prefer sucker?”

The white light is something that you have to wait for next season.

But no Dean is not an angel.

Source(s): supernatural.tv

He is still human. He is just an agent of the angels. Castiel was probably given orders by Zachariah (the arch angel) to make Dean swear allegiance to them. They knew that sooner or later Dean would discover their true plans and did not want him getting in the way. So they made him swear.

• Katy M

He's not an angel. Castiel had him swear his obedience because the angels know that Dean is a man of his word and they were trying to trick him, seeing as how they knew they wanted the apocalypse to happen and he thought they wanted to stop it.

cool name!! ok, i dont think he's an angel more like a 'worker' for them. i think it was done to show the good vs bad theme more with Sam and his demon blood addiction on the bad side and Dean, well, being pulled outta hell by angels, so he's kinda on the angels side. i didnt see the one where he is sworn to obedience to the angels, but i am thinking they just wanted his word or something like that from him since they knew how it would end and that Sam might have not come back from the 'bad' side... and he wouldnt interfere with Sam....

No, he's not an Angel. Cass said that Dean would be able to stop Lucifer, so I thiink Cass just wanted Dean's word that he would (that Dean wouldn't turn on the Angels)

No. I don't think he's become an angel. If he had, he would have been able to get through the door to stop Sam from killing Lilith & hence from breaking the last seal.

Dean swore obedience to the "bad" Angles. In addition, his promise was not exact ... he swore obedience to "God.....and you guys".