Why do Republicans claim they felt safe with Bush?

President Bush allowed the worst attack in US history to happen all because he ignored information given to him because he was too busy going on vacations in Crawford. I mean I understand vacation, but when your President of the United States and your given that kind of information... vacation time is over. His... show more President Bush allowed the worst attack in US history to happen all because he ignored information given to him because he was too busy going on vacations in Crawford. I mean I understand vacation, but when your President of the United States and your given that kind of information... vacation time is over. His administration made you feel safe even though we went into a country that didn't attack us, which the administration has admitted, against the wishes of other countries and created animosity towards America throughout the world? This made you feel safe? Alot of people say that it's because he has prevented a terror attack like that from happening again, but when did a terror attack like that happen before? The first one of that magnitude was on his watch because of neglect on his part. And you really felt good about President Bush's ability to protect us after Hurricane Katrina? Hurricane Katrina which was another case of neglect on his part. Once again he was given all the information ahead of time, but he was too busy with photo ops and celebrating birthdays with John McCain to pay any attention to it. All of that devastation happened from a category 2-3 hurricane. Now I can understand not truly understanding the devastation if your not from New Orleans, but you saw it on TV and you still hear about it now... after seeing that you still felt safe about President Bush's ability to protect the country? It just doesn't make sense to me.
Update: I challenge all of the people that responded to this message in defense of Bush to allow message exchange so we can discuss this. It's funny... I noticed that everyone in defense of Bush on this question has blocked anyone from getting in touch with them as if to say "Well... I will respond with my... show more I challenge all of the people that responded to this message in defense of Bush to allow message exchange so we can discuss this. It's funny... I noticed that everyone in defense of Bush on this question has blocked anyone from getting in touch with them as if to say "Well... I will respond with my illogical response and will block people from proving me wrong."
Update 2: As the old adage goes & this rings very true with Republicans "Ignorance is bliss".