Unemployment benefits question... Why is it taking so long?

Hello, I had to quit my job back in January because my mother was in the hospital with stage 2 lymphedema and required physical therapy treatments every day for nearly 2 1/2 months. I was the only one available to do this for her, but she lived 12 hours away from me. I went down to Houston (from Lubbock) for the 2... show more Hello, I had to quit my job back in January because my mother was in the hospital with stage 2 lymphedema and required physical therapy treatments every day for nearly 2 1/2 months. I was the only one available to do this for her, but she lived 12 hours away from me. I went down to Houston (from Lubbock) for the 2 1/2 months and just recently got back to Lubbock end of March. I applied for unemployment benefits a few weeks after I got back because I could not find a job at all. I found one part time job for 15 hours a week, but I would have spent more in daycare than I would have received. I did a payment request with the workforce because they showed I could possibly be eligible for 200 / wk in unemployment. I requested the payment over 2 weeks ago and it's time to request another payment now. The question I'm having is, it still says this:

TWC is reviewing your claim to determine if we can pay you benefits. If we need additional information, we will contact you.
Continue to request payment every two weeks, so TWC can pay you if you become eligible for benefits.

How long do they "review" the case for? I really need some money right now because I cannot pay my rent and I'm not sure how long they take... I try to call their number and it always says they cannot take my call at this time... its been like that for a few weeks now.