What do you think of these girls names?

We already have one daughter (we also have three boys) and we are expecting our fifth child! We have been thinking a lot about names lately and some of the names we have suggested people have critised as being too 'old fashioned'. We dislike trendy names and tend to go for more traditional names, but names that maybe aren't used so frequently which is maybe why some people think of them as being old fashioned...

Anyways, our daughter is called Lois Laura and we are thinking of the following names for our next child (if we have a girl!). What do you think of these names? We appreciate your honest opinions but please don't be needlessly rude.

Adele Kate

Helena Kate (with the french pronounciation...husband's family are french although we live in Ireland)

Miriam Kate

Kate is after my mother and will not be changing.

Also do you like our daughter's name - Lois Laura?

• Jude
    Favorite Answer

your names are beautiful...I really like Lois, we are thinking of Lois Jayne for our daughter.

I like all the names on your list, they are old-fashioned but timeless, and recognisable but not as comonly used as some of the older names that are making a comeback!

I really like Helena Kate - its very pretty with the french pronounciation...Adele is also a very pretty classic name! My favourite is Miriam Kate though! it's so good i might just steal it and add it to our list! ;-)

I love your name choices! So refreshing!

Well, I've always loved the name Helene, and I'm assuming the French version is pronounced the same way with just an 'a' sound tacked onto the end? If that's the case, then I LOVE it.

I've always loved the name Adele as well. Miriam is pretty too and I love the nn Miri.

All in all, you can't go wrong with whatever name you choose b/c all 3 are great, and I love the name Kate for the middle name!

Congratulations!

I think Helena Kate is really cute. Lois Laura is very different so therefore I do like it. I'm going with Khloe Arlene for a girl and I have got nothing but negative feed back but I love the name. Its what you like not anyone else. I appreciate opinions but I have gotten nasty ones from some of the people closest to me.

I love Miriam Kate! It's a beautiful name! And Lois Laura? Hm.... no offense or anything, but I don't know....I like Laura, but not to fond of Lois.

I like Miriam but not the others at all. I'm not a fan of Lois. There are a lot of old fashioned names that don't sound so old like Rose, Meredith, Katherine etc.

Lois Laura is a lovely name and Helena Kate is my favorite. Good luck :)

I think Adele Kate is the best. No, I don't like Lois Laura..it doesn't flow very well for me and Lois is very old sounding.

Miriam Kate is lovely i think.

Lois Laura is cute enough.

I prefer Lauren Elise but thats just my opinion.Good luck.

Source(s): me

Love the Kate, and Adele but not so much the other two names

try Elizabeth, its a name that is both traditional and a little modern

• I like Adele Kate