Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 1 decade ago

Anybody like ghost hunters?

I happen to like watching the show...but some people think it's all fake...What do you think?

Favorite Answer

Ghost Hunters is a reality show - a documentary type presentation of real-life paranormal investigations done by the co-founders and other members of The Atlantic Paranormal Society. The show's purpose isn't exactly to prove ghosts exist. It is meant to give folks a better idea of what a real life paranormal investigation team does, how they work, what equipment they use, what common beliefs and theories there are in the field of paranormal study, how they go about debunking things that can be explained by normal means and focusing further research on the unexplainable, etc. Jason and Grant will be the first to tell you that on at least 80% of their investigations, no paranormal activity is captured by their equipment and they are able to debunk many of the paranormal claims.

TAPS is a real organization. I've been there. I've also attended a recent lecture/workshop hosted by Bay State Paranormal in which Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson of TAPS were the key speakers.

Faking evidence serves no purpose toward the TAPS research and quest to find answers. They are also under contract with Sci-Fi - if Sci-Fi were to catch TAPS faking evidence, the show would be immediately terminated. Being featured on Sci-Fi's Ghost Hunters has allowed Jason and Grant to grow their organization, upgrade and maintain their base of operations and their equipment, as well as afforded them the opportunity to buy and own their very own haunted inn. Having met these individuals personally and learning what down-to-earth guys they actually are in real life, I can't see them taking the chance at throwing it all away. They've worked too hard and too long to get to where they are now.

Between the work of such organizations, and my own personal experiences, I do believe that spiritual energy can linger in the physical world. Sometimes it is more residual energy (it'll just do what it does, following a pattern over and over like a video stuck on a loop, and sometimes it is interactive energy - a spirit that is aware of our presence and will attempt to manifest via sound, smells, or visual images in order to try to communicate with the living. I've witnessed both of what they call residual and intelligent haunts myself over the years in several locations.

If you like the show - pick up a copy of Jason & Grant's book "Ghost Hunting" - it gives you an even more in depth look at their history, who they are, what they do, and a bunch of their cases - much more than the show has time for. It was a great read!

Some of those ghost hunters actually believe their own stuff, but usually they are not hard to debunk.

There is no such thing as something that cannot be explained. Just because no one has found the explanation yet does not mean that no one ever will; the unexplained is not forever unexplainable. Above all, it does not mean that you should call upon an explanation as improbable as ghosts to explain anything.

Enjoy watching the show, but stay skeptical.

Me and my friend are obsessed with the show! We watch the live shows together haha. I really don't care if it is fake, I like scary stuff, and that show at times can be super scary!

Well, the human psyche is an amazing thing. Ghost should be real because Ghosts = Spirits and dead people = spirits.

It doesn't sound irrational to me to believe that spirits can exist after death. Nobody even knows what death is and nobody can prove what it is, so believe what you want.

• Autumn

Love the show! Last Halloween's show was the BEST!!!

if u love this show then u might like another show call "medium"

I like it, I think it's real.