Why do black women hardly ever date outside of their race?

What's your opinion on this topic. Only serious answers please?

Favorite Answer

I think that it's a fear of rejection for the most part. Many people have told black women that non-black men only want them for their bodies and wouldn't "bring them home to mom." From my experience, non-black men have appreciated me more and showed more interest. Black women need to be more open, there are plenty of men who want a black woman, but are afraid that we want "nothing but a black man". I hope that helps

I'm an african american female and I only date outside my race. My family accepted it from the start. I think that alot of black women think that their family and friends will not approve. And sometimes the way people look at you in public. Most black women are not open minded and tend to only want black men. But maybe if they'd give other men outside of their race a chance then they might like it.

• Lynn

I have no problem dating outside of my race and neither do many of my friends. However, interracial dating is not well accepted by the FAMILIES and friends of many White men and men of other races. I believe that is the real hurdle.

Simply I would say they are not open minded.