Can I buy a house with my credit score and income?

I want to make sure I have all my bases covered before I go see a lender. I'd like to buy a house now while the market is in my favor I am just not sure a bank will give me a loan. My credit score is 630-650 based on what report I pull. I have a good job working in IT and I just graduated college last saturday... show more I want to make sure I have all my bases covered before I go see a lender. I'd like to buy a house now while the market is in my favor I am just not sure a bank will give me a loan. My credit score is 630-650 based on what report I pull. I have a good job working in IT and I just graduated college last saturday so My c chances of getting promoted are good. Currently I make about 43000/yr and I have 13,000 in my savings account. Ive been good with all my credit cards. I have 5 and all but one are sitting at a 0 balance and the one that has a balance on it I plan on paying down it's at about 40% max right now. what should I be doing to get ready to buy and do I even make enough money? what would be your guess as to how much I could get approved for. also my accounts are in both mine and my fiance's name but we don't want her on the loan because she is a owns her own business and her income is obviously not stable and she hasn't been doing that for more than 3 years so her income wouldn't count anyways we've been told. should we change the accounts to just my name? Thanks for you help. Also we already know we want an FHA loan. so the 20% down doesn't apply thanks!
13 answers 13