Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How much is it for a medium black wig?

I intend to cut and style the wig to make it shorter and spike it up.

I don't want a short wig because then the spikes wouldn't look right.

So anyone know of a PLACE not a site where I can buy such a wig?

I live in Sydney by the way

Update:

The wig CAN be short but the hair must go past the chin

Update 2:

and preferably the wig be synthetic

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The price will vary greatly depending where the wig was made, if it is real hair or synthetic, and how expensive the fibers are.

A cheap wig will run you around $30-$50 or as low as $10 for a halloween wig while a high quality wig can run around $200 for real human hair.

I would suggest real human hair if you are wanting to cut and style it. Real hair can be manipulated using straight irons, styling gels, curlers, etc., is easier to wash, looks natural, and lasts longer. If you are intending to cut it yourself you may look in to buying a real hair wig around the length you want, putting it on, and taking yourself to your hair stylist to style and primp the wig.

p.s. if you use heat on a synthetic wig, no matter how nice the fibers, it will fry it up in to little shrivled up straw pieces. I dont know how else to describe it lol.

I do not live in Sydney but in the U.S. I know that wigs are available at local party supply stores such as Party City, beauty supply stores like Sally's, and on kiosks in the mall I always see them. If you know of any beauty supply stores for black women, look there because they always have a lot of wigs!

Good luck!

• NunyaB
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

synthetic $20-40

human $20- on up into the hundreds

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Prices vary.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.