Can steroids cause a heartburn feeling?

I had an asthma attack and went to the doctors. I was prescribed to take three steroid pills a day for a week. My last three pills are tomorrow. Since I started taking them I keep getting a horrible heartburn feeling from my chest. It hurts especially after I eat and when I lie down. Is it the steroids causing... show more I had an asthma attack and went to the doctors. I was prescribed to take three steroid pills a day for a week. My last three pills are tomorrow.

Since I started taking them I keep getting a horrible heartburn feeling from my chest. It hurts especially after I eat and when I lie down. Is it the steroids causing this? I just got back from a year in Asia (to the U.S.), so maybe the change in diet could be causing this instead? I never get this sort of symptom, so I'm not sure where it's coming from.