What is your take on 2001 A Space Odyssey's ending?

I know Kubricks purpose for the film's lack of answers at the end is so the viewer can form their own interpretation about the ending with the star child floating above the earth...my question to you is what your take on the end is all about, what the overall meaning of Bowman's look at the futuristic... show more I know Kubricks purpose for the film's lack of answers at the end is so the viewer can form their own interpretation about the ending with the star child floating above the earth...my question to you is what your take on the end is all about, what the overall meaning of Bowman's look at the futuristic versions of himself...and the event of him turning back into a fetus.
Im still a littlefuzzyy over the whole ending considering i just watched it today for the first time (i know i know, but im trying to brush up on the great historical films that set the foundation for the ones i love today =]) and i would just love to know everyone else's interpretation over this film is.
BTW i absolutely loved it, i think its great when a films true meaning is left open for anyone to decide...kubrick is by far one of my favorite directors